Manufacturing Manager 2, Instrumentation
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
We are looking for a dynamic, driven and passionate leader to build and grow a manufacturing organization in a fast-paced and fun environment. We need an individual comfortable developing an organization and processes to support the unique needs of the genomics industry. We look for flexible candidates eager to build an amazing company and launch amazing products!
Our Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for production execution and control across the instrument/capital equipment elements of our system. We are building a fully integrated Operations team to work closely with our technology and product development teams to empower the scientific community and accelerate our collective impact on humanity.Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensure attainment of key performance metrics across safety, quality, delivery, and financial performance areas
- Establish and drive processes to ensure the safety of our associates, protection of the physical assets and compliance with environmental, health, and safety policies and regulations
- Direct the manufacturing leads and team members to ensure that day-to-day production needs are met inclusive of schedule commitments
- Direct the development of budgets and product/service cost goals for consumable manufacturing-related activities. Monitors and controls budget through the planned period to ensure that goals are met, and variances are controlled
- In collaboration with the local Quality leader, direct quality management activities to ensure that plans, systems, and procedures are in place to maximize the quality of products and services and continuously increase levels of customer satisfaction while minimizing losses and waste
- In collaboration with the local Supply Chain leader, ensure that adequate capacity and assets are readily available to supply product demand
- Provide leadership to a highly skilled and diverse workforce involving mechanical, optical, fluidics, electronics assemblies
- Respond to changing business conditions with an emphasis on customer satisfaction through continuous process improvement
- Identify and communicate key indicators of performance, results achieved and plans for improvement
- Collaborate with all business functions on effective product development and technology transfer, introduction into manufacturing, and product launch and support of new products and processes
- Ensure manufacturing capabilities are aligned to ensure effective and successful product launches and product lifecycle management
- Partnering with Human Resources, carry out responsibilities such as hiring, job assignments, termination recommendations, transfers, promotions, salary actions, performance assessments, and development planning
- Ensure that site-level processes and systems fulfill those regulatory requirements. May participate in an evaluation of regulatory strategy and regulatory risk
- May recommend changes to practices and procedures to support compliance requirements
- Communicates the need for regulatory compliance to members in their functional area
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel may be required up to 10%
- Broad business acumen in Manufacturing, Finance, Materials Management, Quality Systems, and Human Resources
- Highly variable operations are performed daily from complex engineering decisions to routine administrative functions. Incumbent must be a self-starter that enjoys a great deal of freedom of action, innovation, and critical analysis
- Able to analyze, plan, manage, communicate, and execute change management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and technically challenging environment where the drive is critical to success. Manufacturing plan implementation is largely dependent upon the person’s ability to recognize the most efficient, cost-effective, and strategic approach to attaining the desired goal
- Passion for developing talent utilizing creative and effective programs and practices with a successful track record of attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse team
- Strong inclination and passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to understanding key US and foreign regulations affecting the business and assures compliance with those regulations
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) that facilitate strategy deployment to all levels of the organization.
Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in business, science, or engineering discipline with 7 – 10 years of progressive manufacturing/engineering experience in life sciences, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or diagnostic manufacturing (an equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered).
- Minimum of 3+ years managing and supervising others
- Relevant experience in the life science industry is preferred
- Experience with manufacturing-related business systems, like ERP and MES
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.