Systems Engineer/Senior Systems Engineer, Medication Delivery Systems
- Irvine, California
- Start date
- Dec 6, 2021
- Engineering, Biomedical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Beach, Best Places to Work
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie is looking for a Systems Engineer/Senior Systems Engineer to join their Combination Product Development team. This individual will contribute to the development and launch of exciting new drug / device combination products. As a Systems Engineer/Senior Systems Engineer you will be responsible for the integration of multiple disciplines to ensure robust patient-centric product design and performance.
- Understand and implement appropriate product development engineering principles within AbbVie.
- Engineering activities for which you will be responsible may be done internally and externally.
- The external engineering activities will require you to develop and foster relationships with external Engineering Services firms and third-party development partners who may be located in Europe, India, Asia, and US, and in addition to regular WebEx/teleconferences, will require periodic face-to-face visits.
- Works closely with internal stakeholders from Commercial, Operations, Quality, and R&D to help define and drive critical drug delivery projects within AbbVie.
- You will be responsible to provide technical leadership in your area’s of responsibility and ensure the systems design and documentation meet all safety and regulatory compliance requirements.
This position can be hired as a Sytems Engineer or Senior Systems Engineer based on the education and level of experience of the candidate.
- BS in in Electrical, Biomedical, Mechanical engineering, or a related field from an accredited college or university with 5-10 years related work experience.
- Leadership experience is required that includes the ability to influence and negotiate internally and externally as a part of global engineering teams.
- Experience through full product development from initial concept to release to market is desired with direct experience in combination product development preferred.
- Experience is required in user and stakeholder need definition; requirements definition; risk management, product architecture, reliability, and verification and validation of medical devices or combination products.
- Experience working with requirements management tools such as Doors and/or Polarion is preferred.
- The candidate must have strong communication and influencing skills, the ability to find the way forward through ambiguity, and solid decision-making skills. It is expected that you help identify project risks and develop mitigation plans.
- This position will include interfacing with 3rd party vendors. Experience in vendor communication, management, deliverable acceptance testing will help make you successful in this position.
- Must have demonstrated technical leadership and ownership, and the ability to provide guidance and direction to less experienced technical personnel is desired.
- Travel will be required, as necessary. (10%)
This is a global job position. The position can be filled in Lake County, IL, or in Irvine, CA, US or in Ludwigshafen, Germany
Significant Work Activities
Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert