In-Vivo Study Support Technician III
Why Join Intellia?
Our mission is to develop curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
Beyond our science, we live our four core values: One, Explore, Disrupt, Deliver and feel strongly that you can achieve more at Intellia. We have a single-minded determination to excel and succeed together. We believe in the power of curiosity and pushing boundaries. We welcome challenging thoughts and imagination to develop innovative solutions. And we know that patients are counting on us to make the promise a reality, so we must maintain high standards and get it done.
We want all of our people to go beyond what is possible. We aren’t constrained by typical end rails, and we aren’t out to just “treat” people. We’re all in this for something more. We’re driven to cure and motivated for change. Just imagine the possibilities of what we can do together.
This role is responsible for providing high-quality animal care and in-vivo study support. Qualified candidates will have well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and be able to perform all procedures following all applicable internal policies as well as external regulations. Qualified individuals will demonstrate a strong sense of team and remain flexible/adaptable in a growing and dynamic work environment.
- Able to perform the following techniques in rodents:
- IV, SQ, IP, and IM,
- Blood collection via multiple routes (tail vein, submandibular)
- Rodent euthanasia using CO2, anesthesia and/or approved physical methods.
- Perform tumor measurements and collect body weights
- Support study set-up, take downs
- Necropsy, tissue, and fluid collections
- Interact with other personnel within the department, multiple research groups, to develop a network of resources to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Ensure all studies are performed per approved IACUC protocols.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and collaboration skills
- The ability to cover weekends, holidays, early mornings, and evenings at times on a rotating or split shift schedule is required
- 2-4 years of experience working in the laboratory, veterinary, or another animal-related setting required
- LAT certification preferred
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy: Effective Monday, January 3, 2022, all Intellia employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Requests for exemption for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.