HR Employee Relations Specialist
The Human Resources Specialist – Employee Relations will be responsible for driving positive workplace initiatives; monitoring employee well-being; investigating and reporting to the Supervisor / Director of Human Resources the results of investigations, coordinating disciplinary actions and claims of potential discrimination or harassment; providing proposed solutions as well as developing a close partnership between Human Resources and employees/managers to enhance the working experience. As a member of the Human Resources team, the HR Specialist – Employee Relations acts as an information source in all aspects of Human Resources during the initial 360 days of employment, to ensure an atmosphere that fosters continuous growth and promotes positive company culture. The Specialist will also be an integral part of investigations to ensure smooth coordination and collection of pertinent information. Additionally, the individual assigned to this role is responsible for identifying trending issues, assessing root causes, and making recommendations on how to address systemic concerns.
- Interact with leaders and employees to find ways to enhance the working experience of employees and increase engagement.
- Establish rapport with employees at all levels; gather feedback and represent employee perspectives to advise managers on communication and change strategies.
- Analyze data and recommend strategy for building, maintaining, and fostering an engaged workforce.
- Work with key HR and business leaders to identify strategies that drive engagement and positive employee relations.
- Keep a keen eye on developing issues that could have employee relations ramifications and provide ongoing current feedback to the HR Director.
- With guidance and collaboration from the HR Director, follow best practices for managing escalated employee relations issues.
- Investigate designated employee complaints by conducting investigations and "pulse checks"; advise Director, HR regarding recommended actions.
- Maintains good communication and positive relationships with employees to promote employee Helps counsel employees on issues related to EEO, ADA, performance, potential discrimination / harassment, and termination guidelines.
- Identify and drive philosophies and programs to foster constructive employee relations and enhance a positive work environment.
- Identify and develop proposals to increase employee retention.
- Gather, analyze and interpret data and metrics to develop recommendations and strategies for a positive atmosphere that fosters continuous growth and promotes positive company culture.
- Assists in developing, delivering, and monitoring Performance Improvement Plans and addresses corrective action and conflict resolution.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Entrench in early employee life cycle experience.
- Follow up with employees in the first 90 days of employment and at regular intervals during the first year of employment to capture their experience and recommend appropriate improvements to the company culture.
- Identify and make recommendations for areas of improvement in all departments based on feedback received.
- Report feedback and develop metrics regarding changes identified and retention opportunities.
- Coordinate with the HR Supervisor/Director to address employee concerns for those potentially in the “risk zone”.
- Model Rewards and Recognition for achievements, exceptional work, etc.
- Coordinate and ensure personal contact for any no call no show employees.
- Conduct, coordinate and update the welcoming and new hire onboarding program to ensure positive employee experience.
- Coordinate and conduct introduction to complex investigations, high-risk, or sensitive employee relations concerns and report to the HR Supervisor/ Director the findings and suggestions for next steps.
- Conduct timely, objective, and thorough internal investigations including but not limited to allegations of harassment, discrimination, accommodation, and retaliation and prepare all required documentation for review / approval by the Supervisor/Director of HR.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including high EQ, ability to build trust and influence at all
- Experience diffusing tension and effectively mediating conflict.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort.
- A consultative approach to researching and resolving employee issues.
- Provide internal and external customers with the highest quality service.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated positive relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver outcomes and achieve goals.
- Ability to empathize with others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Surveys a situation quickly and grasps the issue or problem by asking probing questions.
- Develops sound business recommendations to achieve progress on identified issues.
- Recognizes when information should be escalated to develop appropriate decisions/ responses.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, stretching, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with papers/files.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Bachelor's degree in HR/business related field;
- Three (3) years of direct HR related experience in employee relations;
- Experience with human resources programs and processes, federal and state employment laws, compliance and positive employee relations best practices.
- PHR or SPHR Certification
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please email FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.