Data Scientist - Integrated Signal Management (US - Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Data Scientist - Integrated Signal ManagementLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will support Complaints Data Trending and Analytics within the Integrated Signal Management team. This group sits within Global Patient Safety is responsible for the direction and strategy for the product safety signal detection and quality complaints trending program. In support of Amgens mission to serve patients, it drives the definition and implementation of innovation and standard methodologies for safety data mining, signal detection management, product complaints trending, and integrated product surveillance activities.
The Data Scientist applies deep expertise in data analytics and methodologies to enhance the way data is used to inform and make recommendations regarding impact to post marketed product and future product improvements. Leads and participates in a variety of initiatives and projects to address exciting challenges and unmet needs that apply across Final Product Quality and Global Patient Safety. The Data Scientist provides, through the use of improved data analytics and statistics, greater transparency into product surveillance data and drives improved decision making and actions as a result.
- Perform high quality data analyses supporting cross-functional product teams, projects and/or programs to enable enhanced understanding and characterization of the benefit-risk profile of medicinal and combination products
- Provides guidance to support Global Patient Safety staff with the ability to access, analyze and visualize adverse events and product complaints data relevant to safety assessments or quality investigations
- Provides counsel to support complaint owners with the ability to access, analyze and visualize data relevant to post market surveillance decisions
- Participates on cross-functional teams and projects to translate business questions, design proof of concepts, derive insights, and automate processes within data analytics tools
- Partners across Product Complaints and Surveillance, Final Product Technologies, and Global Patient Safety to learn from teams and share how data can be better applied to drive improvements in analytics solutions
- Implements projects allowing for identification of product complaint and adverse event insights (e.g., as related to post market surveillance, data trending, safety signal detection and assessments) and improvement opportunities
What we expect of you
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 3 years of Data Analytics and Manufacturing / Quality / Pharmacovigilance experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of Data Analytics and Manufacturing / Quality / Pharmacovigilance experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of Data Analytics and Manufacturing / Quality / Pharmacovigilance experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Data Analytics and Manufacturing / Quality / Pharmacovigilance experience
- Experience in quantitative data analysis with applied analytic experience of quality / manufacturing / drug safety data
- Experience with data visualization tool (e.g., Tableau, Spotfire)
- Proficiency with programming languages (e.g., Python, R, or Java)
- Proficiency with data querying languages (e.g., SQL, preferably Spark SQL)
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms (Databricks, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Experience in NLP technologies and analyses
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate / communicate technical information to a variety of audiences
- Ability to operate in a matrixed or collaborative environment with site, functional, and executive leadership
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.