Research Associate: Flow Cytometry
Abveris is Boston's premier antibody discovery company providing contract research services to the biopharma industry. Abveris applies advanced immunization methods combined with B cell screening and hybridoma-based antibody discovery technologies to provide comprehensive gene-to-antibody discovery services. Abveris is developing the next generation of biologics, cell therapies, vaccines, and diagnostics in partnership with global leaders in biopharma.
Abveris is a private, employee-owned company that prides itself in integrity, teamwork, drive, innovation and our partner’s successes in biologics development. We provide our hard-working team with unlimited vacation days, a matching retirement plan and free lunch every day.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team and expand our flow cytometry department. Using state-of-the-art technology, the candidate would help accelerate our antibody discovery process through careful cell culture maintenance and flow cytometry screening. Highly qualified candidates will have experience with a variety of mammalian-based cell culture methods and techniques. Prior flow cytometry experience is desired though not required.
- Mammalian cell culture, including engineered and endogenous cell line maintenance.
- Support flow cytometry team lead with flow cytometry screening for both internal research and Partner projects, assist in the design and analysis of flow cytometry experimentation.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of iQue flow cytometer, including daily startup, QC, and shutdown (prior experience not expected).
- Experimental data interpretation and analysis, data report preparation.
- Understand a variety of cell-based methods with a strong understanding of tissue culture, cell biology, and general laboratory techniques.
- A bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology, or a related scientific discipline with 0-3 years of industry experience.
- At least one year of cell culture experience.
- At least one year of general biology laboratory experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work constructively with colleagues throughout all laboratory departments.