IT Operations Manager
We have a wonderful opportunity available to join our management team in a newly developed position – we are recruiting for an IT Operations Manager. We hold every member of our team to a high standard of excellence – because everyone on our team makes an impact on our success and contributes to our ability to thrive in the rapidly changing environment.
The IT Operations Manager at Microbiologics will be responsible for IT Operations across the organization including the IT Service Desk. This individual will lead the effective and efficient implementation and operational support of internal and third-party managed IT infrastructure used to support all business processes. The IT Operations Manager is a core member of the IT leadership team and reports to the Director of Information Technology.
This position will be full time based out of our St. Cloud, Minnesota Headquarters with travel to our locations in Kalamazoo, Lexington and San Diego.
What can I expect in this role?
We are looking for a talented leader:
- Manage a high-performance team responsible for implementing technology solutions, maintaining infrastructure, and providing a high level of customer support.
- Develop and support the team through mentorship, coaching and training.
- Assess and adjust the IT Operations team for improved alignment and capacity to support current and future business needs - including talent acquisition.
- Work with the Corporate IT Systems Architect in the assessment of external and internal technology with a focus on integration with the existing IT infrastructure.
- Communicate digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to technologists. The role is expected to be able to “sell” ideas and processes at all levels.
We are looking for an expert in IT Network Operations:
- Responsible for the overall and ongoing performance, reliability, and security of Microbiologics network infrastructure.
- Manage and project manage IT infrastructure projects, working closely with internal and vendor-managed teams to ensure delivery of high-quality solutions.
- Maintain relationships with customers and IT leaders to ensure cost-effective delivery of IT services and solutions to meet business needs and the ability to respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Ensure projects are completed within budget and on time.
- Ensure proper change control and notification procedures are followed to protect the stability and persistence of the production environment.
- Assist IT Operations team on projects as needed.
We are looking for IT Service Desk champion:
- Work with the Service Desk team to ensure all incidents related to IT are tracked, logged, and measured for timely response and a satisfactory resolution is provided within the established SLAs.
- Ensure the Service Desk team is adequately staffed to provide Corporate IT support across all locations.
- Assist IT Operations with L3 support as needed.
- Leverage the Service Desk metrics for performance measurement across vendors, employees, and IT Operations to improve overall reliability, cost effectiveness and performance.
- Drive continuous improvement ITIL initiatives including incident management, problem management, change management, knowledge management & asset management.
We are looking for a strategist in Planning & Budgets:
- Provide structure, guidance and support for budgeting, capital and OpEx planning for delivery of technology.
- Maintain IT practices in accordance with IT and company policy/procedure throughout the IT environment, including vendor coordination, telecommunications, network and storage infrastructure, endpoint and server, enterprise applications, etc. This includes collaborating with Corporate Architects on the IT project process from Feasibility to a hand off when defining Business Requirements for IT infrastructure initiatives.
- Provide status reports to include available capacity, project pipeline, project priority and technical challenges to management that support business operations tactically and strategically.
We are looking for a strategic Vendor Manager:
- Develop and maintain relationships with IT Operations vendors, warranty providers, service contracts and services to ensure they are documented, tracked and that appropriate time is allowed for service contract negotiations or replacements.
- Provide leadership and work with the Corporate IT Systems Architect in vendor selection for hardware, installation, operation, support and maintenance of IT infrastructure.
We are looking for an unparalleled Security guru:
- Responsible for the overall operational security at Microbiologics including security tools, metrics and training and managing security contractors and vendors.
- Protect Microbiologics and its technology operations against risks, including unauthorized access to information, data integrity issues, loss of processing capability and disruption to IT services.
- Manage cyber security functions based on the corporate cyber security policy/procedures/practices established by and governed by the Information Security Steering Committee.
- Ensure security monitoring on a 24x7 basis utilizing IT infrastructure tools, systems and partners.
- Work with the Corporate IT Systems Architects and the Information Security Steering Committee on the security strategy/roadmap, policy/procedures, and company practices.
Who is Microbiologics?
Microbiologics is one of the fastest growing international biotechnology companies in the nation. We are the world’s leading experts and go-to collaborators in biological products and services, focused on protecting the health and safety of people around the world. For over 50 years, we have been partnering with healthcare and life science laboratories, manufacturers, and suppliers across the globe to co-create and provide biological control materials, assay services and consulting for microbiology, molecular diagnostics, and virology. Headquartered in Saint Cloud, Minnesota, we have additional facilities in California, Kentucky, and Michigan.
Our award-winning culture is friendly, collaborative, and supportive, providing endless opportunities for individuals to learn and grow, both personally and professionally. At Microbiologics, we believe that "great vision without great people is irrelevant." That's why we are always looking for great people to join our dynamic, innovative company as we provide the highest quality biomaterials for a safer, healthier world.
We can we offer you?
Glad you asked!
We have a comprehensive benefits package that includes your standard benefits such as health and dental insurance, health savings account (company funded), life insurance, short and long-term disability, and a 401k program with a generous match to name a few. In addition, we are proud to support our team and their families by offering daycare assistance, tuition reimbursement, bonus potential, a competitive compensation and benefits package, and plenty of opportunities for training and growth.
Where is this position located?
St. Cloud, Minnesota
On a map, Greater St. Cloud looks like a group of Central Minnesota communities with the Mississippi River winding through, somewhere between the bright lights of Minneapolis and the starry nights of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area.
Sure, we’re that, but that’s just geography. We are the regional center for commerce, manufacturing, research, healthcare, arts, entertainment, and education. We boast bustling downtowns, major businesses, and good jobs. We have tranquil, diverse neighborhoods, with a cost of living well below that of urban settings. But when urban is what you want, we’re only about an hour from everything the Twin Cities has to offer.
- Mini-Metro of 130,000 people
- Four-season recreation
- Theatre and arts
- Excellent school options
- Family Friendly
- Four colleges
- Lakes area
What makes you a good fit?
Our goal is finding the right individual for our team – we firmly believe that the right person is someone to invest in and invite to join our family.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10 to 15+ years of experience in IT Operations
- 5 or more years of leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts
- 5 or more years leading IT operations or IT Service Desk teams
- Strong IT operations acumen, including cross-domain knowledge and preferably earlier career experience in an individual contributor role in IT Operations
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and that employees are highly engaged and satisfied.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Extensive experience configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft Operating Systems and IT networks
- Working technical knowledge of networking protocols, Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, Remote Desktop Services, DHCP, DNS, VMware, storage solutions, data backup, disaster recovery, and endpoint management
- Scripting languages/automation experience a plus