Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate, In Vivo Pharmacology
Janux Therapeutics is a biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary discovery platform to efficiently develop tumor activated drugs that empower the immune system to eradicate cancer. Janux is developing unique immunotherapies that generate tumor-specific immune responses to attack and kill tumors without destroying a patient’s healthy tissue. As an early stage startup company, Janux is looking for energetic and talented candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. You will apply cutting edge technology to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients. We believe that the whole team contributes to the overall mission. We succeed as a team, and we grow as a team.
Job Title: Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate, In Vivo Pharmacology
Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate will be responsible for animal care and handling dosing, executing in vivo experiments and tissue collection under supervision of scientists in support of pipeline development. You will undertake multiple, concurrent studies from conception through to conclusion, collecting data for analyzing and presenting findings. The successful candidate will play an important role in pre-clinical pharmacology activities to advance discovery and development programs. Strong candidate will be highly motivated, collaborative, and team-oriented individual that possesses the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and passionate about drug discovery.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Immuno-Oncology, Immunology, Biology, or related scientific discipline with 3-5+ years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry, or Master’s degree with 2+ years of experience.
- Experience of conducting subcutaneous tumor models is required.
- Superior technical expertise with standard in vivo rodent tumor model techniques, including tumor inoculation, tumor measurement, dosing (IV, SC), blood and tissue collection, necropsy, is required.
- Experience with immuno-oncology drug development is valuable and preferred.
- Experience with histology, and/or flow cytometry, tissue extraction of in vivo models is a plus.
- Develop and implement high quality and reproducible animal models to support product development and MOA (mechanism of action) characterization for the lead targets.
- Perform mouse studies including drug administration (IV, SC), tumor implant studies, caliper measurement, tissue collection and analysis.
- Follow laboratory and vivarium room safety guidelines and practices.
- Produce detailed documentation of experiments within a lab notebook and electronically.
Required Key Attributes:
- Success in this role requires high attention to detail, being able to precisely follow pre-established experimental designs, protocol and procedures of in vivo studies.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, ability to independently execute the study.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be enthusiastic for animal work, reliable and available on weekends or holidays when necessary
- Candidate must be an effective team player, strong individual contributor, self-motivated, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Janux also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance. Relocation assistance is also available.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance plans
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Sick time
- Incentive stock option plan
- Monday to Friday
- United States (Required)
- Annual targeted bonus %
- On site required – La Jolla / Torrey Pines
- Working remotely not available
COVID-19 Vaccination required
Janux requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Janux will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from