Informatics Specialist I/II
We Are Genetic Navigators bringing together passionate, creative and dedicated professionals to join a rapidly growing biotech in our mission to translate novel genetic insights into lifesaving medicines.
We are seeking a self-motivated and detailed-oriented Informatics Specialist with experience with supporting Informatics systems used by Early Research and Drug Discovery Departments at Maze. The successful candidate will routinely interface with scientists, and Informatics/IT technicians to configure our informatics platforms to ensure all research data is efficiently captured and reported. The role will be divided between backend support of Informatics systems and working with Mazers to efficiently access, process, analyze, load, and share data.
Your Role in Navigating the Maze:
- Take ownership of data management platforms, troubleshoot, and resolve issues to maximize the customer experience in an organized and efficient manner
- Work closely with the Informatics group to help define data flow processes and implement tools to support them
- Install, upgrade, maintain, document, configure, and administer COTS informatic tools (e.g., Entity Registration, Assay management, Inventory System, and Electronic Lab Notebook)
- Work with vendors, managed service providers, and other external group to coordinate, implement, and resolve requests while adhering to Maze Data policies, procedures, and system controls
- Responsible for system integrations between Informatics systems hosted in the Cloud and on-prem
- Collaborate with infrastructure and IT groups to ensure systems are properly configured and integrated to efficiently transfer data to downstream processes
- Assist with creating dashboards and reports to summarize project-level data for scientists
Your Navigation Tools:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or life sciences discipline (Chemistry, Biology, or Biochemistry)
- Minimum 2 years supporting Informatics systems in Biotech/Pharma setting
- Comfortable with supporting informatics tools (application and database) in Windows and Unix/Linux environments hosted on-prem and in Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience with change control process and promoting changes through DEV/TEST/PROD environments
- Programming experience in Python or R is a huge plus.
- Highly motivated, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills