Associate Director, PV Process Improvement
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director, PV Process Improvement is accountable for delivering on continuous improvement initiatives as well as developing process improvement strategies and roadmaps. The Pharmacovigilance & Patient Safety (PPS) Business Process Office sits within the Strategic Operations sphere in PPS which is comprised of experts in process improvement, project and portfolio management, change management, and safety operations.
Description - External
- Executes transformative initiatives from a roadmap of strategic objectives and business process improvement opportunities.
- Continually pulls from prioritized opportunities, and effectively plans and executes kaizen and/or rapid-improvement sessions, engaging teams throughout.
- Breaks down complex business problems and drives targeted improvements through strong cross-functional facilitation and heavy focus on delivering rapid solutions.
- Engages stakeholders across the process including, process workers (SMEs), business leads, functional leadership, and IT to ensure alignment on process and resource priorities; validates the merit and applicability of initiatives across functions.
- Forms strong partnership with business leads and aligns with them on key process and systems decisions, including the prioritization of requirements and specifications.
- Actively gathers external benchmarking and best practices as input to process decisions; maintains active knowledge and awareness of all associated regulations.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor’s degree, masters preferred
- Must have 6 years process management experience
- Lean Six Sigma/LEAN certification desired
- Strong facilitation skills required, with Kaizen or other rapid improvement event experience strongly preferred
- Strong relationship management skills, Emotional Intelligence and communication skills required
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.