Associate Research Scientist
Associate Research Scientist
Perform in vitro human skin flux studies including HPLC/GC sample analysis to support the formulation feasibility and development of transdermal patch products; innovate to continuously update or develop the skin lab methods.
- Title: Associate Research Scientist
- Location: South Miami - Kendall
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Hours: Monday-Friday; 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Salary: $30.00-$32.00/ hour (paid weekly with benefits options)
- Employment Type: Contract position up to 6-9 months and a possible permanent position after contract
This client is a growing pharmaceutical company focused on innovative best in class research, development, and manufacturing of prescription pharmaceutical products in their state of the art facility.
- Participate in designing in vitro skin flux studies using different types of diffusion cells and different types of skin membranes.
- Adapt and optimize HPLC (with various detectors) and GC methods to analyze in vitro permeation samples.
- Perform the skin flux and membrane/patch diffusion/dissolution studies, analyze samples, and calculate/compile the data in a timely manner.
- Conduct experiments to continuously update or develop the skin flux methods and write reports.
- Complete and maintain the lab notebook; Write reports on skin flux and assay methods.
- Comply with all applicable regulations and policies; Ensure that work performed in area of responsibility is conducted in a safe and compliant manner.
- Coordinate the lab equipment/instruments/suppliers.
- Perform other assignments when needed.
Education / Requirements:
- M.S. in Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, or Pharmaceutical Sciences, or B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or other scientific/engineering disciplines
- M.S. with 0-3 years of experience or B.S with 3-6 years of experience preferably in a pharmaceutical R&D environment
- Experience in the formulation and development of transdermal patch products.
- Demonstrated hands-on skills and experience in laboratory safety, instrumentations (such as HPLC and GC), and in vitro membrane diffusion techniques.
- General knowledge and interest in human skin, transdermal patches, and principles/methods/enhancers of skin flux.
Laboratory and manufacturing settings that can involve exposure to solvents and highly toxic drugs. Personal protective measures may include the use of full body suites and SCBA respiration equipment.
Lifting of heavy objects (50 pounds) can occasionally be required.
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.