IT Support Specialist II
Fate Therapeutics is seeking an experienced and highly motivated IT Support Specialist to join the service desk team and provide internal support for the Companys end users. The successful candidate has a positive, service-oriented attitude, teamwork-oriented mentality, and sharpened writing, oral and interpersonal skills. This is a full-time position reporting to the IT Manager and is located at the Companys corporate headquarters and research facilities in San Diego, CA. Duties & Responsibilities include
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent IT Certifications and a minimum of 2 years previous Service Desk experience for a mid-size company; biotech company experience preferred.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft desktop operating systems and software products.
- Relevant work experience including but not limited to hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience; applications support including some knowledge of IT support systems (Zendesk), ability to read and understand technical manuals, documentation, and guides; excellent technical knowledge of desktop and software, including all current versions of Windows, Microsoft Office applications, and PC hardware.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects, multitask and solve problems efficiently and quickly.
- Strong customer service skills, including ability to listen, interpret and explain IT related concepts in non-technical terms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent thinker, proactive in improving IT systems.
- Strong team orientation with ability to work outside of assigned duties.
- Multiple computer-related qualifications and certifications will be viewed favorably.
- Comfortable working in a lab environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Will require moving and setup of IT equipment for new hires.
- Requires on-site work at Companys corporate headquarters and research facilities during business hours.
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.