Sr. Compensation Analyst (Compensation Business Partner)
Designs, administers and communicates the Company's compensation programs in regard to plan options, policy features, enrollment and other requirements. Surveys market data in order to determine company's competitive position for employee compensation. Assists in planning, developing, and redesigning company compensation programs and analyzing costs. Ensures company compliance with federal and state laws. This position contributes to and supports the company's research and development efforts to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises good judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws regarding taxes, reporting and privacy issues.
- Areas of responsibility include base pay, variable pay, equity (stock and ESPP), job description development and management, year-end focal, mid-year focal and salary survey submission and management.
- Stays abreast of current industry trends.
- May have responsibility for international and/or executive compensation as well as subsidiary compensation support.
- Surveys market data to determine company's competitive position in employee compensation and company value proposition.
- Performs other compensation projects as assigned.
- May supervise the activities of junior staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related discipline is preferred. Professional certification such as CCP, SHRM, SPHR, PHR, or advanced degree is a plus. Equivalent experience may be accepted. A minimum of 6+ years of directly related experience is required. Previous experience working in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device industry is preferred. Previous project management experience is a plus. Thorough knowledge and understanding of federal and state compensation laws and regulations is required. Must be able to work with a high attention to detail. Must have excellent oral and written communications skills. Strong computer skills and experience with HRIS software is required. Must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Must be able to demonstrate time management, priority management, planning and coordination/multi-tasking skills.