Research Associate II - Translational Biology
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE II: TRANSLATIONAL BIOLOGY
The Biology Department at Global Blood Therapeutics is looking for a qualified Research Associate with experience troubleshooting and protocol development experience. This position will be primarily responsible for supporting critical instruments, supporting internal animal studies across pipeline programs, and writing protocols around instrument care. The applicant will also provide logistics and troubleshooting support for animal and clinical studies conducted externally. An ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, and comfortable working both independently and within a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee routine and ad-hoc instrument maintenance
- Support translational data collection for internal and external animal studies – through CRO management or active data collection
- Develop and update protocols around assays or instrument care
- Provide logistics and troubleshooting support for studies conducted externally
- Independently execute and analyze experiments
- Evaluate and communicate technical information clearly
- Learn new laboratory techniques and troubleshoot technical issues and results
- Ensure experiments are well designed and performed to a high standard
- BA/BS in biochemistry, molecular biology or equivalent discipline with 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with troubleshooting instruments
- Knowledge in basic spectroscopy
- Experience coordinating with individuals at varying skill levels
- Experience with data analysis using Excel and Prism.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute actively to an integrated team
- Organized, self-motivated, and able to multitask
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with high performing colleagues
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities. The Company requires all employees working in its facilities (including attending in-person meetings and events) to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for a disability/medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. This position requires you to maintain a fully-vaccinated status against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.