Senior Cost Accountant
Senior Cost Accountant
The Senior Cost Accountant is an integral part of a growing cost accounting team supporting all aspects of commercial manufacturing. This position currently reports directly to the Senior Manager, Cost Accounting r. The Senior Cost Accountant will routinely partner with various levels within the organization across multiple functions ensuring proper alignment with policies and controls for technical accounting policies, in accordance with US GAAP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process, which includes preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and analysis of balance sheet and income statement GL accounts.
- Support the completion of financial statement fluctuation analysis to summarize financial results for R&D and commercial related activity
- Perform cost accounting activities including excess & obsolete reserves, scrap analysis, inventory variance reviews and analysis and reporting of inventory and COGS.
- Collaborate with Commercial Manufacturing, Technical Operations, Supply Chain and other cross-functional departments to ensure completeness and accuracy of cost of goods sold (COGS), operating expenses and inventory balances.
- Support Inventory subledger selection process.
- Support process improvements in the accounting and reporting of inventory and related COGS.
- Support internal and external audit requests for SOX testing and to support the quarterly review/year end audits Manage and/or assist with other projects as required.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 4 years+ years of Cost Accounting experience desired
- Experience in Pharmaceuticals/ Biotechnology industry is a strong plus
- Public accounting experience a plus and CPA a plus
- Strong MS Excel skills required
- Experience with ERP systems, specifically NetSuite or Oracle
- An aptitude for learning and managing ERP data structures and reporting capabilities
- Superior analytical and modeling skills including advanced proficiency in Excel and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports
- Strong work ethic including sound judgement, outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
- Able to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment
- Results and goal-oriented mindset with an opportunistic eye towards process improvements
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position may require you to work onsite or interact in person with customers of the Company and/or work onsite from time to time at the Company’s facilities. The Company requires all employees working in its facilities (including attending in-person meetings and events) to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for a disability/medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. This position requires you to maintain a fully-vaccinated status against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.