Associate Scientist, Analytical Development
We are currently searching for an Associate Scientist, Analytical Development to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Gaithersburg, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Analytical Development Group.
- Independently perform UPLC-based content and identification assays for virus vaccines, recombinant proteins and virus-like particles that may be used as clinical vaccine candidates.
- Contribute to the clinical development of a variety of vaccine candidates by independently performing multiple bioassays as required for project success.
- Provide assay support and assay development for cGMP product release and characterization.
- Participate in the development the following assays for protein characterization.
- Protein A-UPLC
- Bioassay development for a Virus-like-particle vaccine
- Develop, characterize and transfer assays to the pilot plant’s QC group for product release.
- Write technical protocols and reports documenting analytical development studies pertaining to his work and the work of the group.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related discipline. Four (4) years of specialized experience plus a High School diploma is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in chemistry or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience working in a clinical or research laboratory.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and operating procedures of general laboratory equipment.
- Experience with analytical equipment automation or instrument and method qualification will be highly beneficial.
- Confident oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in writing and reviewing method qualification/validation protocols and reports, method transfers, SOPs, QC data packets and other process documents.
- Familiarity with computer software including word processing and data evaluation.
- Knowledge and use of statistical design of experiments (DOE).
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.).
- Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) were acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.