About the Role
The HR Coordinator is the first person our new hires interact with and will be responsible for cultivating a seamless onboarding experience. This role will also provide support to the HR team in all facets of HR and work to enhance, scale and execute on current processes.
As a member of Freenome’s HR team, you will be a cultural ambassador and a resource to all employees as you support the growth of People Programs.
How you’ll contribute:
- Be the first point of contact for new employees - contacting future hires with information on their benefits, onboarding, and greeting new hires on their first day
- Manage the onboarding process for new hires each week, including enhancing current new hire checklists, scheduling onboarding sessions, verifying work authorization, and other onboarding related tasks
- Maintain personnel files, conduct audits to ensure the files are accurate and complete
- Maintain employee/compensation records
- Process Payroll Change Notices which document a change in the status of an employee through compensation, title, status, etc
- Maintain New Employee Packets and Termination Packets
- Maintain employee handbook and other corporate policies
- Support People team in ensuring compliance to all Federal and State labor, wage and hour, and other laws and regulations
- Support HR team members in any other administrative or operational needs required by large-scale programmatic initiatives including L&D, performance and compensation review processes, and diversity and inclusion programs
- Answers routine personnel inquiries, as well as basic policy and procedure questions
Freenome has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, our employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
What you’ll bring:
- 1+ years of HR administrative experience
- Huge bonus if you have new hire onboarding experience
- A driven, detail oriented individual with exceptional organizational skills
- A team player attitude and a desire to help employees be successful
- A people geek: you love people and are constantly thinking of ways to revolutionize the way we do HR
- Experience in startup and/or biotech environments
Freenome is on a mission to empower everyone with the tools they need to detect, treat, and ultimately prevent cancer.
We have pioneered the most comprehensive multiomics platform for early cancer detection through a routine blood draw. By combining deep expertise in molecular biology with advanced computational biology and machine learning techniques to recognize disease-associated patterns among billions of circulating, cell-free biomarkers, we are developing simple and accurate blood tests for early cancer detection and integrating the actionable insights into health systems to operationalize a machine learning feedback loop between care and science.
Our recent $270 Million Series C brings our financing to over $500 million from investors, including; Bain Capital, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Polaris Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, funds and accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., GV (formerly Google Ventures), Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures, Data Collective Venture Capital, Novartis and Verily Life Sciences.
Freenome is building technology to advance the understanding of cancer through multiple analytes derived from blood. These signals include cell-free DNA, methylation of cell-free DNA, cell-free RNA, circulating proteins, and immune profiling derived from thousands of prospective samples. By developing novel statistical learning methods and applying them to integrate various -omics datasets, Freenome is a leader in modeling specific biological mechanisms to capture disease-dependent signatures, including gene expression, immune response, tumor burden, the tissue of origin, and 3D chromatin structure.
By building comprehensive discovery datasets and modeling critical biological systems, Freenome is learning what biological changes are present within the blood between a variety of different disease states, including cancer, autoimmune disorders, infections, drug response, and aging. The synthesis of Freenome’s datasets, cross-functional technical expertise, and audacious mission to discover biological truth, we seek to improve the lives of millions through early detection and early treatment of disease.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic, and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
We value empathy, integrity, and trust in one another, and we respect the diverse perspectives of our colleagues and those we serve. We assume positive intent and give each other the benefit of the doubt with the firm belief that we are a team working toward the same objectives. We believe in empowering and supporting each other in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
What does a successful person look like at Freenome?
Those who thrive at Freenome prioritize, manage, and execute their own goals with ownership and alignment with those of the company. They embrace our values of empathy, integrity, striving for greatness, servant leadership, trust, and holding themselves and their team accountable to these values. They crave collaboration with brilliant minds from disparate fields of study and believe that hiring and mentorship are fundamental to our success. Above all, they welcome and provide constructive feedback and criticism, trusting in others’ good intentions, and being secure in knowing that embracing mistakes is the best way to learn and grow. For those who pursue challenges, understudied problems, and want the opportunity to see their work impact the lives of millions of people affected by cancer every year, there’s no better place to be than Freenome.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.