IT Systems Engineer
As a member of the IT team, the IT Systems Engineer is expected to independently install, deploy, and upgrade servers; assist with design and implementation server and system optimization upgrades; support business teams on joint-initiatives as a technical advisor or resource. The IT Systems Engineer will also be expected to participate in Infrastructure and Security planning, implementation, and support. The Systems Engineer will assist Helpdesk support activities as needed and share 24/7 on-call responsibilities. The IT Systems Engineer should have exceptional communication and customer service skills, be able to multi-task, take the initiative, and should be capable of working in a small but growing and fast-paced environment. This is a hybrid role with flexibility to work remotely with some onsite as needed.
- Support the design, installation, maintenance and monitoring of Cloud and on-premises systems including servers, storage, active-directory, monitoring systems, backup, anti-virus, patch, and other related IT management systems.
- Supports server, storage, and application initiatives; participates in creation of detailed systems and storage designs and deployments as well as coordinating technical issues with vendors and internal teams.
- Responsible for expert-level troubleshooting of any problems relating to system, storage, virtualization, or application issues.
- Assists IT Management in creation, maintenance, and delivery of IT Systems related reports
- Analyze our IT Systems and work collaboratively to optimize systems and improve efficiency
- Assist with help desk, including end-user support and ticket handling
- Contribute to IT policies and process development using industry best practices
- Provides on-call support for systems, storage, and enterprise application related outages
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years IT experience with on-going skills development
- Excellent troubleshooting skills. Ability to rapidly identify and resolve issues under pressure.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of VMware
- Strong experience with Internet services and general network troubleshooting
- Strong experience with disaster recovery, backup, and restore methods and procedures
- Experience with Windows security technologies
- Working knowledge of scripting in a Windows environment (PowerShell, VB)
- Working knowledge of Dell server hardware platforms
- Willing to learn new things, self-motivated and results-driven, well organized, and able to handle multiple tasks with clear sense of ownership and priority
- Experience working with Azure preferred
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site