HUYABIO is the leader in accelerating the global development of novel biopharmaceutical product opportunities originating in China enabling faster, more cost-effective and lower-risk drug development in the global markets. Through extensive collaboration with biopharmaceutical, academic and commercial organizations, it has built the largest China-sourced compound portfolio covering all therapeutic areas. With offices in the US, Japan, South Korea, Canada, Ireland and eight strategic locations across China, the Company has become a partner of choice to accelerate product development and maximize value globally. For more information please visit www.huyabio.com.
HUYA is seeking a self-motivated individual to take a position in a fast-paced environment as the FP&A Lead. The FP&A Lead will be responsible for leading the corporate budgeting and reporting process, focused primarily on R&D/Clinical Development. This includes the ability to effectively communicate findings across all levels of the organization to drive strong financial decision making. Key areas will include maintaining and deeply understanding the clinical trial cost actual and forecast, preparing periodic reporting, executing recurring planning and forecasting processes, interacting with various functional business partners, developing and implementing new financial processes and having proficiency in corporate financial systems. This position reports to the VP of Corporate Finance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the effort to gather and consolidate financial information for all recurring planning and forecasting processes (rolling forecasts, annual operating plans, long range plan, etc.).
- Act as integrated business partner with the rest of the organization, providing thought leadership and analysis for ongoing business initiatives (go/no go decisions, scenario analysis, payback periods, project postmortems, regulatory reporting, etc.).
- Develop, maintain, and deliver standard expense and headcount reporting and variance analysis to functional business partners and Finance leadership team, driving continuous improvement in forecasting and reporting deliverables.
- Maintain effective relationships with the Clinical team to ensure timeliness and accuracy of clinical trials accounts, including the preparation of related journal entries to record clinical trial activity and accruals.
- Own the clinical trial cost forecasts for all ongoing and planned studies working closely with clinical operations team, utilizing a deep understanding of activity-based cost drivers, including study enrollment.
- Will manage a small FP&A team.
- Work on other strategic or ad hoc projects as needed.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics. CPA or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a financial planning and analysis role, business partnering or other finance area, in similar biotech/biopharma/pharma environments.
- Experience working closely with R&D/Clinical Development organizations.
- High level of intellectual curiosity, with ability to work independently and solve complex problems.
- Excellent financial analysis skills and ability to translate analyses into sound strategic recommendations.
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, project-driven, real-time team environment, prioritize projects and deliver quality results within tight time constraints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation skills, Excel skills, and MS Office proficiency.
- Knowledge of financial reporting, forecasting, modeling, and planning applications a plus.
- Experience with Workday Adaptive Planning and Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP) a plus.
The position is full‐time, and the candidate must be within commuting distance to HUYABIO’s Del Mar, California office.
To learn more about HUYABIO, please visit www.huyabio.com. HUYABIO is an equal opportunity employer.