Senior Engineer - Identity & Access Management
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You'll Make
- Develop a risk-appropriate technology strategy for Identity & Access Management for applications and infrastructure including cloud and on premise
- Ensure adherence of IAM strategy, vision, standards and solutions for applications and infrastructure
- Architect and model identities in Active Directory to enable authentication, authorization and appropriate user segmentation based on zero-trust principles
- Architect and Implement cloud-based capabilities for Identity & Access Governance, SSO/Federation
- Expand and implement Privileged Access Management (PAM) and Stronger Authentication solutions across the enterprise to improve cyber security risk posture
- Partner with teams to serve as a security expert and trusted adviser in designing and providing systems that facilitate user provisioning/deprovisioning, authentication/authorization, access certification and reporting based on our needs, industry best practices, and compliance / regulatory requirements including SOX, GxP etc.
- Explore new secure identity technologies and application of technologies like blockchain and User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) through testing, rating and reporting on potential solutions, with the objective of continuous improvement of IAM assurance
- Develop metrics, and measures including KPIs, KCIs and KRIs to report on the effectiveness of IAM related controls
The Team You'll Join
You will join the IT and Information Security team at Recursion, a growing team focused on helping Recursion decode biology by providing outstanding technology services that are designed and fit for purpose. You'll collaborate with your teammates and across departments to agree on what the most important challenges and capabilities are, then figure out how to get us there.
The Experience You'll Need
- Convey security concepts to non-technical audiences (e.g. senior and executive management, internal customers)
- Views the bigger picture of overall Information Security and understand IAM's impact on it
- Hands-on expert development experience with Java, XML, and programming languages as they relate to IAM products
- Act as a Business Systems Analyst and articulate and elicit requirements and use-cases in a manner that is technology agnostic
- Expert level Experience in Adaptive Authentication, OAuth, OpenID, SAML etc.
- Expert level experience with the identity stack including Enterprise Active Directory, Azure AD as well as experience working with IAM products in the cloud like Okta, Azure AD, Ping One, Duo or equivalent
- Knowledge of operating systems (UNIX/Linux, macOS, Windows) and of database management systems (Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Employee at Recursion:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.