Director, Information Security - Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC)
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Implement a GRC program that ensures appropriate risk identification and management of Information security risks.
- Lead organizational efforts to accomplish SOC2 Type II, ISO 27001 and other certifications and attestations that demonstrate assurance internally within the organization and externally with Partners.
- Implement Information security policies, procedures and standards, for applications and infrastructure.
- Implement a Third-Party Risk Management program to address third-party and supplier risks.
- Explore new security threats, the technology controls and tactics required to mitigate those threats.
- Track, remediate and report on risks and guide risk reduction through the GRC system.
The Team You'll Join
You will join a growing IT and Information Security team at Recursion, focused on enabling Recursion to decode biology by providing world class technology services that are designed and fit for purpose. You'll collaborate with your teammates and across departments to agree on what the most important challenges and capabilities are, then figure out how to get us there.
The Experience You'll Need
- Convey security concepts to non-technical audiences (e.g. senior and executive management, internal customers)
- See the bigger picture of overall Information Security and understand Security Architecture and GRC's impact on it
- Understand system vulnerabilities, attack surfaces, attack vectors and tactics used in modern cyber attacks
- Ongoing familiarity with new and prevalent technologies and IT systems
- At least 10 years of relevant IT Security experience and two or more relevant certifications (i.e. CISSP, CISM etc.)
- Assessing cloud security, leading cross functional project teams, access control operations along with strong technical expertise are highly desirable
- Have strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to support decisions that balance cybersecurity with ease-of-use
- Experience leading security project through influence, collaboration, and coalition-building; and very comfortable in situations requiring constrained creativity to insure we are securing business systems and data
- Understand and own every important detail as second nature
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Employee at Recursion:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.