Analyst II, Quality Assurance
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The QA Analyst II is responsible for assuring the quality of products filled, inspected, labeled, and packaged at the Emergent BioSolutions Rockville facility. QA Analyst II will perform quality functions on the production floor to support manufacturing activities. Our QA Department provides expertise in problem solving and process improvements. The QA Analyst II will interact with all departments to provide guidance necessary to maintain and improve CGMP compliance at the site.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Batch Review and Production Support
- QA on the floor for Manufacturing and QC, providing quality oversight of production and QC inspection/testing processes.
- Critically reviews executed GMP documents such as batch records, logbooks, EM data, and cycle reports.
- Writes / revises Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in the document management system.
- Reviews and approves GMP documents such as SOPs, master production batch records, forms, and logbooks in the document management system.
- Actively involved in daily operations to meet schedules or to resolve problems.
- Demonstrates strong organization skills related to priorities and workload. Ability to solve problems independently and within a team environment.
Quality Systems Support
- Authors and execute tasks for document revisions, deviations, CAPAs, and change controls related to the QA team.
- Reviews and approves work orders, preventive maintenance, and calibration records as needed.
- Performs trend evaluation and reporting of data for Quality Management Review.
- Reviews of deviation investigations, root cause analysis, and CAPA identification.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement within scope of work.
- Supports Operational Excellence initiatives related to the QA team.
- Participates in inspections/audits by providing documentation to fulfill requests for information and contributing in the inspection/audit as needed.
*Requires vaccination against different viruses including Vaccinia virus.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- BS or BA degree preferred with 3 years of GMP experience in QA/QC role
- Minimum of one year in a FDA regulated industry.
- Must pay strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment to determine appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to exercise judgment for defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to use computer programs such as Veeva and SAP.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient knowledge of cGMP.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understands and responds to a diverse population.
- Ability to make sound decisions regarding compliance-related issues with moderate supervision.
- Strong leadership skills; high level of personal/departmental accountability and responsibility.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.