VP, Product Dev Portfolio Ops
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The VP Portfolio Management & Operations leads the team of Product Development Team Leaders (PDTLs) and Project Managers who lead cross-functional product development teams for our clinical stage product development programs. This role reports to the SVP, Corporate Strategy, Governance & Business Analytics, and will also shape the product development portfolio strategy in partnership with Corporate Strategy, R&D, Clinical Development and Commercial leaders. This is a hands-on program leadership role as it also will directly lead select product development teams.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work collaboratively with all functions across the company responsible for new product development to ensure planning and execution success of the pipeline from clinical development through market launch
• Leads the PDTL team for the Company, who in turn lead cross-functional product development teams for our late-stage clinical product development programs, and is accountable for multiple development programs progressing from research and development through product licensure submissions and approval
• Create and harmonize methodologies for assessing clinical-stage product development across the portfolio
• Lead governance methodologies for product development and organize forum agendas and resources for the Product Development Committee (PDC)
• May also hold a PDTL role in leading select product development teams directly
• Operate as a change agent for the organization as we continue to grow the business
• In partnership with Corporate Strategy, develop a set of portfolio metrics and implement the appropriate governance models to drive discipline within the organization
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
II. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Life Sciences field or equivalent scientific and/or medical expertise through experience
• 8+ years of related late-stage product development team leadership experience, including and 15+ years of overall experience in biotech, pharmaceutical, or medical device industries
• Successful progressive roles in at least two key functions (in a biopharmaceutical / medical device company at least one of which relates to clinical product development and at least one of which relates to the commercialization of drugs or biologics
• Advanced degree preferred
• Experience managing drug development projects from early development through BLA or NDA preparation and approval is preferred.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience in problem solving, decision making, building effective cross-functional teams, mentorship and technical or commercial leadership
• Proactive and strategic thinker, with strong facilitation, problem-solving and issue resolution skills
• Proven ability to effectively work in a global, cross-functional matrix organization
• Ability to work effectively in diverse cultures, showing aptitude in modifying style
• Demonstrated ability to influence without authority
• Alliance management experience preferred
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.