Senior Scientist -Process Development: Assume the role of technical expert in developing and improving specific protein purification processes. Responsible for leading studies in support of R&D process development, process improvement, or manufacturing support projects. Responsible for leading the development of possible therapeutic indications for identified plasma proteins.Responsibilities
- Responsible for being the technical lead by collaborating with other departments and leading technical development projects.
- Responsible for maintaining an advanced level of documentation and communication through timely and thorough drafting and execution of protocols, reports, and experimental summaries in support of process development activities.
- Responsible for coordinating scientific and investigative studies through collaboration with internal customers, academic research organizations, contract laboratories, & external R&D groups within CSL. Think creatively and provide technical justification for novel concepts and approaches.
- projects and teams toward successful accomplishment of objectives. Keep a high level of scientific excellence by regularly attending regional and national technical meetings and publish in peer-reviewed journals whenever possible.
- Anticipate potential problems and design preventative, innovative solutions. Maintain a high awareness of production processes and be proactive in introducing improvements for product yield or quality.
- Responsible for performing fundamental literature & patent searches related to activities and develop alternative strategies, if necessary. Research on projects to determine logistical impact & to ensure compliance with regulatory and industry guidelines, master plans, and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment and calibrations per established R&D policies and SOPs. Also responsible for updating existing and developing new SOP, as required, in order to maintain a cGMP environment in the laboratory
- Actively seek new opportunities, contribute key ideas to projects, and promote area of expertise to achieve results through participating in national and international organizations, such as Pharma, PPTA, PDA, etc. that influence industry standards and FDA policies.
- Maintain an awareness of and compliance with current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP).
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!