Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
- Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Start date
- Nov 27, 2021
- Engineering, Software Engineer
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
This is a role for those who collaborate well with experts from both engineering and other departments in order to boldly deliver solutions that allow us to execute on our vision to decode biology to radically improve lives.
Examples of projects you can expect to work on:
- Build a platform for experiment design. You’ll work cross functionally with biologists to create self-service and automated experiment design tools that feed into the world’s first fully automated biological laboratory, while allowing the scientists to focus on what biology they want to test rather than how it will be accomplished, while ensuring experiments are designed to generate high quality data that is relatable across time, disease models, and treatments.
- Build a map of biology. Leveraging the inferential power of the deep learning models created by our in-house data scientists, you’ll enable scientists to explore a map of biology that infers relationships between diseases and treatments, guiding them quickly towards potential treatments that can then be validated in the lab.
- Connect our high throughput screening lab with monitoring and downstream analysis. You’ll consume streaming data from our high throughput screening lab to monitor successful experiment execution, enable triage of anomalies and errors, track molecule identity and inventory, and support downstream analysis based on as-performed experiment conditions.
- Build tools for new experiment validation pipelines. You’ll work closely with scientists, biologists, data scientists, and other software engineering teams to create tools and modify existing pipelines to enable earlier experiment validation. You’ll help automate the execution and analysis phases of the pipeline, as well as create tools for communicating results.
Every Recursion engineer acts as a mentor, coach, and sponsor. You will share your technical knowledge and experiences, resulting in an increase in learning, growth, and impact within and beyond your team.
The Team You’ll Join
Engineering is the glue at Recursion that ties everything together. From web applications for tracking reagent details and inventory, to designing and executing experiments, to real-time image compositing, to distilling and visualizing high-dimensional data, our efforts are focused on enabling scientists to quickly and confidently find cures and treatments. In doing this work you will collaborate with biologists, chemists, and data scientists to build the right tools and iterate on making the entire process quicker, easier, more reliable and more intuitive.
You’ll be moving through a full stack of software spanning user interfaces with behavior-based and user-centered designs, RESTful APIs, event streaming, and third-party integrations - seeking and providing feedback and making trade offs as you go to get to the right solution with the right amount of effort.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Experience collaborating to complete large projects. We don't have much in the way of project managers.
- A people-first mindset. Despite the deadlines, we always prioritize supporting our coworkers in their growth and experience.
- Adapt your workflow to include or improve your skills in writing tests for your code and automating deployments, logging, metrics collection, and monitoring.
- Biology or chemistry background is not necessary, but intellectual curiosity is a must!
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Employee at Recursion:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Learn more at www.recursion.com, or connect on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today.
Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah with offices in Toronto, Montreal and Milpitas, California. We're working to solve some of the most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come do the most impactful work of your career at a company that prioritizes belonging, collaboration and career development.
41 S. Rio Grande Street
Salt Lake City
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert