Senior Director, Alliance Management
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Lead a portfolio of alliances ranging from large, complex discovery partnerships to asset-licensing agreements in support of Recursion’s pipeline expansion
- Operationalize and steer each alliance through joint governance committees to ensure effectiveness, appropriate communication, and coordination of activities towards alliance objectives
- Identify and proactively tackle risks that arise from contractual complications or partner differences, and work diplomatically to resolve issues in an equitable and timely manner
- Monitor and track compliance with financial and non-financial obligations, such as milestones and royalties, publications, IP, and diligence efforts, and working with internal and external counterparts to amend or extend contracts as needed
- Integrate alliance management best practices throughout the organization and build systems and processes for future partnership opportunities
The Team You’ll Join
- As Senior Director of Alliance Management, you will be a core member of the Recursion Partnership Anchor reporting to the VP of Business Development and Corporate Initiatives. The Partnership Anchor is an empowered, execution-minded group of business development and alliance management professionals responsible for scouting, securing, and building partnerships that feed Recursion’s early discovery platform and clinical stage pipeline. In your role, you will work with colleagues across the Recursion organization (e.g. Biology, HTS, Data Science), mobilizing resources to ensure partnership and program success. To be successful, you will need self-initiative, a collaborative mindset, and the ability to transparently communicate with organization team members at all levels.
The Experience You’ll Need
- BS/BA in Life Sciences
- Advanced degree (MBA, PharmD, PhD) preferred
- Minimum 5 years of applicable drug development experience
- At least 5-years experience in alliance management, project management, business development, or another relevant discipline with significant, direct interactions with external partners
- Knowledge the drug development process, particularly in early discovery research through development stages, to enable meaningful dialogue with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Experience with contractual agreements and governance structure, terms and obligations and the ability to translate the terms in a way that is understood by colleagues and team members
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Employee at Recursion:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.