Administrative Assistant - GIDB
Lab/Area:GIDB AdministrationDescription:Administrative Assistant - GIDB
The Gladstone Institutes is an independent, not-for-profit research institution affiliated with the University of California San Francisco (UCSF), contributing to the health and well-being of all people through research, technology development, education, and outreach in human biology and diseases of the heart, brain, and immune system. Gladstone is composed of 400 employees who receive exceptional benefits. We are located in an award-winning building adjacent to UCSF's Mission Bay Campus. Gladstone has consistently ranked as one of the top places to work in academia in the United States.
The Gladstone Institutes is recruiting a well-organized, highly skilled and motivated Administrative Assistant to provide comprehensive administrative support for two investigators and their labs at the Gladstone Institute of Data Science & Biotechnology. Key duties include handling routine correspondence and communications on behalf of the investigators, managing calendars and schedules, regular updating and formatting of supporting documents for grant applications, making travel arrangements, coordinating seminars and special events, and managing all office activities. The ideal candidate will be able to pro-actively anticipate needs, prioritize tasks, and use independent judgment to trouble-shoot and solve problems.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Word process, format, organize, proofread and correct correspondence, manuscripts, bibliographies, grants, fellowship applications and other documents, as required. Accurately read and follow grant and fellowship application procedures and format.
- Establish and maintain computerized templates/forms and up to date standard sections for grant applications (e.g., Resources and Environment; Biographical Sketch; Other Support).
- Asist with coordinating travel arrangements and preparing detailed itineraries. Maintain accurate travel records, process reimbursement requests, and track as needed.
- Maintain investigators’ calendars. Schedule meetings and appointments including pro-actively resolving schedule conflicts and arranging space, refreshments, and transportation, as appropriate.
- Assist with coordinating institute seminars and special events, including visitor’s travel arrangements and agenda, catering, venue reservations, etc.
- Facilitate communication with other administrative offices such as Accounting, Grants, Human Resources, Philanthropy, IT, Executive Office and Facilities/Operations. Function as external liaison, as appropriate with other universities, research institutes, and government funding offices.
- Provide department support to postdoctoral scholars and graduate students.
- Administer purchase order functions.
- Maintain accurate records and efficient filing system for easy access to key information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years relevant experience and a high school diploma, 2+ years relevant experience and AA/AS or BA/BS
- Experience with complex calendar management.
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed directions with accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including grammar, spelling, and editing.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate in a professional manner with tact and discretion, and ability to work well independently and collaboratively.
- Highly proficient in all aspects of general administrative support.
- Interview process will include tests for formatting, proofreading, and drafting correspondence.
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.