Associate Scientist, Downstream Process Development
We are currently searching for an Associate Scientist, Downstream Process Development to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Gaithersburg, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop downstream (purification) processes, under the supervision of a project lead scientist, for recombinant proteins, virus vaccines, and virus-like particles (VLP) that may be used as clinical candidates.
- Work collaboratively within the purification group to design, develop and optimize chromatography and filtration step unit operations to support process development of clinical trial vaccine candidates and mAb products.
- Purify research-phase recombinant proteins, virus vaccines and/or virus-like particles in support of other groups or external collaborators.
- Work to prepare necessary materials (buffers, packed columns, etc.) in support of downstream process activities.
- Support technology transfer of processes to Lab’s Pilot Plant for manufacture of clinical product through document generation and on-site support.
- Write and review technical protocols and reports.
- Analyze and compile data, present at various group/department meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or a related discipline.
- 1-2 years of experience in recombinant protein purification development for GMP clinical-phase products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of maintaining accurate and detailed records.
- Must be a team player who can effectively work with members from cross-functional departments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with computer software including word processing and data evaluation.
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.