Strategic Planning and Site Operations Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Strategic Planning and Site Operations ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Amgen Capability Center in Tampa, Florida is home to 600+ full-time staff members and external workers representing a broad range of cross functional capabilities, including Information Technology, People Services, Accounting, Treasury, Corporate Services, among others. Site Management provides core support by acting as the central point of contact for daily site logistic and facility related matters, as well as broader site-wide events, programs and activities. Works closely with Engineering/Facilities, DIT, Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS), Security, Occupational Health and is the direct leadership of the Business Resource Center staff to ensure administrative and logistical needs are addressed efficiently. This role reports directly to the Site Lead and is considered a site essential role meaning the duties require the individual to be available to work onsite the majority of the time.
- Provide operational support to site lead including facilitation of leadership meetings, project management, organizational management, and presentation development
- Manage the Business Resource Center (BRC) who operate a centralized site pool of administrative professionals providing administrative site support, workshop and large meeting support, management of the sites mail center, management of sitewide office supply inventory, and providing an effective welcome service for site staff and visitors
- Responsible for site cleanliness, maintenance and upkeep; partnering with the security, engineering, caf, and operations to maintain a world-class facility and environment.
- Management of site space allocation working directly with Site Lead
- Responsible for being the key point of contact and partnering with various Amgen groups to ensure all site related logistical needs are addressed timely and efficiently, including managing risks, removing roadblocks, escalating issues, and delivering high quality results
- Build and maintain relationships with building owner management team to ensure site logistical needs are adequately addressed
- Build and maintain positive relationships with partners (see above for list); proactively communicating, seeking feedback, and facilitating business decisions
- Engagement on site space planning needs and objectives
- Engagement on site Business Continuity and Emergency Response Management
- Assist with site budget management and responsibility of certain budget line items
- Key lead for site purchases and requirements, including working with external vendors
- Coordinate logistics for site visitors, dignitaries, and coordination of logistics related to onsite events, teambuilding, and ad-hoc projects
Masters degree and 2 years of related work experience
Bachelors degree and 4 years of related work experience
Associates degree and 10 years of related work experienceOR
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of related work experienceWin
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. We seek a self starter with these qualifications.
- Great verbal and written presentation skills including confidence working with executive leadership
- Solid understanding of collaboration technologies
- Ability to react under pressure in a professional manner and with positive results
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Experience working with senior executive/leadership engagement
- Ability to manage through organizational change
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability working within pressurized environments whilst making decisive decisions
- Excels in strategic planning and problem-solving skills
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, improve your expertise, and enhance your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.