Software Test Engineer
Pulse Biosciences (Nasdaq: PLSE) is a bio-electric medicine company committed to health innovation that has the potential to improve and extend the lives of patients. The CellFX® System will be the first commercial product to harness the distinctive advantages of our proprietary Nano-Pulse Stimulation™ (NPS™) technology. The unique cell-specific effects of the NPS mechanism of action have the potential to significantly benefit patients across multiple medical applications, including dermatology, our first planned commercial application.
We exist to make a positive difference in the lives of patients, physicians, healthcare providers, shareholders and our Pulse Biosciences team members. We take pride in hiring the best and brightest minds to our world-class company. Individuals who are creative, forward-thinking, and who approach challenges with an innovative attitude will excel in our culture.
The Software Test Engineer is part of the R&D team and will focus on Design and Integration of GUI and backend functionality. This individual will be responsible in manually testing medical device applications including the development of test automation at all levels including unit, subsystem, and integration automated testing for regression Test design. He or she will be involved in reviewing test strategy and supporting formal verification testing of the application software to ensure requirement coverage. The incumbent will provide support for the development of build automation, packaging and deployment tools to allow us to deploy and update application software. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software test development, test methodologies and test automation for native applications built QNX or Similar OS. He or she will engage on any and every issue necessary to ship products to customers of the highest quality and reliability.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and document test protocols for both manual and automated test cases.
- Execute test runs, interpret test results, and identify, document encountered defects and maintain records for later analysis.
- Work closely with the Software Development Team to plan, schedule, and improve development test processes.
- Work well in a collaborative team environment with other engineers, developers and end users with minimal supervision and ensure understanding and validation of business requirements.
- Testing medical devices and equipment in an FDA regulated environment.
- Perform validation and verification testing.
- Perform functional testing, ensure all systems are running according to necessary specifications and operate within regulations to ensure the production of quality products.
- Establish validation standards and develop testing protocols.
- Support software engineering tooling and initiatives related to testing automation, deployments, performance and regression testing.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, or a related field with 5+ years of experience or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field with 3+ years of experience.
- 5+ years in a software test engineer role performing testing of complex software.
- 3+ years developing and executing automated software test suites using commercially available test tooling.
- Experience working in a medical device or any regulated industry.
Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements:
- Experience with Linux, QNX or similar OS. Proficient knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Familiarity with requirements-based testing.
- Experience with common scripting languages (Shell / Bash, Python, etc.).
- Familiarity with version control systems (such as, Git, TFS, Bitbucket).
- Familiarity with test, and issue tracking (such as, Jira).
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products.
- Ability to learn and put into practice the good engineering development process, including FDA Guidance on Software Test Development.
- Excellent oral written communication skills and critical thinking skills, including experience writing technical documentation. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with medical device quality systems and design control will be a big positive.
- Ability to work conscientiously and with minimal direction, using good judgment, taking initiative to accomplish short and long-range projects, and recommend actions with minimal direction.
- Ability to work as a team member, multi-task and be very flexible to adapt to the ever-changing work priorities and requirements of a dynamic, fast growing company.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time. Overnight and/or international travel may be required.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds.
Pulse Biosciences currently maintains a policy requiring all United States-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with applicable law, Pulse Biosciences will consider reasonable accommodations to employees who qualify as required under federal, state and local law where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so.
Our corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, California. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.pulsebiosciences.com.
At Pulse Biosciences, we are committed to providing a respectful work environment to our diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, age, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Principals only; unsolicited candidate submissions from recruiters or third-party agencies will be considered free referrals.