Senior LIMS Developer
- Sana Biotechnology
- Cambridge, MA; Seattle, WA; South San Francisco, CA
- Start date
- Nov 26, 2021
- Engineering, Information Technology, Network Administration
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Genetown, NextGen Bio
About the role
We are seeking an informatics expert to collaborate with high-performing research and computation teams to understand their evolving data management needs, define data structures and storage methods, and implement data visualization and analysis methods. You will take an active role in data ontology, defining data standards that can be applied across the diversity of Sana's research environment. You will have strong written and verbal communication skills paired with an ability to get things done quickly without amassing technical debt.
The ideal candidate will be excited about working collaboratively with researchers and the data infrastructure group in a fast-paced environment, learning and modeling leading-edge gene and cell therapy research. You will understand the needs of the science and research functions but serve as a champion of data, defining and creating consensus that will set Sana up for long term success. This role reports to the Senior Director of Informatics Infrastructure.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with research teams across Sana to understand, define, and represent research, results, and processes in well-organized data structures
- Identify and implement solutions to address data management and analysis needs
- Partner with a team of fellow informatics experts to build the infrastructure to support a diverse research organization
- Represent critical research data by configuring LIMS, ELN, and other data systems
- Present data to researchers using data visualization tools like Spotfire and Tableau
- Drive adoption of data systems by leading documentation, trainings, and educational efforts
- Champion data management and stewardship at Sana
What we’re looking for
- BA or MS in computer science, engineering, biology, or a related discipline with 7+ years industry experience or PhD with 2+ years industry experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with ELN, LIMS, and automating laboratory systems
- Demonstrated proficiency with relational databases using SQL, including basic queries, updates and schema design
- Demonstrated understanding of LIMS/ELN, lab instrumentation, and automation APIs
- Demonstrated ability to develop specifications for LIMS/ELN features and work with internal and external resources to see projects to completion
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving abilities and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, independent, flexible, and able to prioritize and manage several fast-paced projects concurrently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams as a strong team player as well as independently
What will separate you from the crowd
- Knowledge of Gene and/or Cell Therapy
- Experience with the Benchling ELN
- Data visualization experience in Spotfire and/or Tableau
- Knowledge of Python
What you should know
- Working safely in person on a predictable and regular in-person basis is an essential job function for this position, and the Company requires that all individuals working in-person be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including receipt of a vaccine booster shot if recommended by the CDC
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, financial wellness programs, a 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.
Sana Biotechnology, Inc. is focused on creating and delivering engineered cells as medicines for patients. We share a vision of repairing and controlling genes, replacing missing or damaged cells, and making our therapies broadly available to patients. We are a passionate group of people working together to create an enduring company that changes how the world treats disease. Sana has operations in Seattle, Cambridge, South San Francisco, and Rochester.
188 East Blaine Street, Suite 400
Seattle, WA 98102
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert