Oncology Territory Manager, Oncology Rare Disease – Mid Atlantic (DC, VA, WV, OH)
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The OTM represents Daiichi-Sankyo to assigned customers. The OTM represents the assigned product, and its approved indications, providing approved disease state and product information, and resources to physicians and other customer stakeholders.
Nature and scope
The OTM is frequently the most visible representative of Daiichi-Sankyo to the oncology community and therefore is responsible for demonstrating our values, mission, and standards, and representing the company in a positive and professional manner.
Reporting to the District Manager you will be responsible for attaining your territory goals by successfully selling promoting Branded products consistent with the FDA label to assigned customers, using approved messages and resources.
Develop and execute comprehensive business plans.
All requirements with regards to territory management should be accomplished on a timely basis.
Develop strong relationships with your customers and become a trusted resource by providing exceptional value and unparalleled service.
Contribute to a positive, productive, and thriving Daiichi-Sankyo culture.
The territory includes DC, WV, VA, OH.
Represents the assigned products to health care professionals in assigned sales territory.
Achieves or exceeds sales objectives through promotion of the assigned product features and benefits to assigned customers.
Develop and execute comprehensive business plans.
- Applying knowledge of the healthcare industry, trends, applicable laws and regulations, market conditions, and the market access environment (including but not limited to pharmacy economics, payer reimbursement landscape, and patient flow/influence between academic institutions, hospitals, and community practices).
- Demonstrate understanding of current or pending clinical pathways in assigned accounts, and how they influence patient treatment.
- Analyze customer needs and interests, territory performance, program outcomes, and business trends; develop and execute business plans that optimize the commercial potential of our products.
Maintain expert understanding of the relevant disease state(s), assigned Daiichi-Sankyo brands, and competitor products.
- Completes all assigned training
- Serves as a disease state expert and provides a high level of product expertise and customer service for all accounts
Communicate with DM and internal peers on a regular basis and discuss issues and opportunities.
- Maintains frequent correspondence with District Manager and internal peers.
- Maintains frequent correspondence with co-promotion peers and executes all co-promotion responsibilities.
Builds relationships with our customer base and key opinion leaders. Communicates products approved indications, features, and benefits in both individual and group settings.
Meet all administrative expectations and standards, including budgets, reporting, and communication.
Maintains a current key customer target list, submits regular updates to the customer database and plans calls to meet goals.
Reviews territorial reports with District Manager and learns how to use reports and databases as instruments to achieve assigned goals
Submits complete reports, on-time, and communicates matters that are relevant to the marketplace, competition to internal stakeholders. and the marketing team to the District Manager.
Maintains all equipment and territorial records in the prescribed manner.
Utilizes sales force automation system and other equipment to enhance impact of sales call and territory management.
Adhere to compliance and operating principles and expectations.
Complies with applicable laws in providing healthcare providers with accurate information concerning Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.’s products.
Notifies the Medical Affairs Department immediately of any product complaints as per SOP 805.21, ‘Reporting Adverse Events (AEs) and Product Quality Complaints (PQCs).’
Notifies the Pharmacovigilance Department immediately of any adverse events as per SOP 805.21, ‘Reporting
Adverse Events (AEs) and Product Quality Complaints (PQCs).’
Attends and participates in all required meetings and training programs.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 5 or more years of successful experience in biotech/pharma sales/marketing strongly preferred.
- 3 or more years of additional therapeutic experience in diverse roles – training, marketing, market access.
- Copromotion experience
- Oncology product launch experience preferred.
Must be able to travel approximately up to 60%.
Must have valid drivers’ license and be able to operate a vehicle safely
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.