Research Scientist or Staff Research Scientist- Mucke Lab
- Gladstone Institutes
- San Francisco, CA
- Start date
- Nov 26, 2021
- Regulatory, Science/R&D, Biotechnology, Laboratory
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
Are you an electrophysiologist with an interest in the pathophysiology of neurological and psychiatric disorders and would like to contribute to this important area in an intellectually stimulating, interdisciplinary academic environment?
Opportunity: Research Scientist or Staff Research Scientist
The Gladstone Institute of Neurological Disease at San Francisco’s burgeoning Mission Bay Campus could offer you outstanding opportunities to pursue the above goal and improve the lives of people around the world. The Mucke Laboratory has a long track record of innovation in disease-focused neuroscience and of training leaders in this field.
We are inviting applications from individuals who are eager to advance the understanding of and ability to treat devastating brain diseases. Our highly interactive team of scientists focuses on processes that cause cognitive and behavioral disorders ranging from dementias to epileptic encephalopathies and autism spectrum disorders.
- Candidates should have a Master’s degree (and 8+ years relevant experience) or Ph.D. and 3+ years postdoctoral experience in a relevant area and a strong background in electrophysiology, as well as an outstanding record of academic achievements and research productivity.
- Demonstrated experience in a range of electrophysiological methods such as extracellular field, whole-cell patch-clamp, and microelectrode array recordings
- Solid knowledge of electrophysiological acquisition and analysis software such as pClamp and WinLTP, and coding capabilities in Igor Pro, MatLab or Python
- Independence in experimental design and execution, data analysis, and troubleshooting
- Exemplary initiative, dedication, scientific rigor, technical skills, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to effectively interact with internal colleagues and external collaborators
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and capability to present scientific results to scientists of diverse backgrounds.
To apply, please include your statement of interests, CV and 3 references.
Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
More About Us
The Gladstone Institutes is an independent, not-for-profit research organization that is affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco. It is located in an award winning building at the Mission Bay Campus, a short distance from downtown San Francisco, one of the most interesting and cosmopolitan places in the world. Embedded in a renowned and stimulating academic environment, the Mucke Laboratory offers unique opportunities for research and training in disease-oriented neuroscience and translational neurobiology.
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.
Gladstone is an independent, nonprofit life science research organization located in the epicenter of biomedical and technological innovation in the San Francisco Bay Area. Gladstone has created a research model that disrupts how science is done, funds big ideas, and attracts the brightest minds. Gladstone Institutes leads the way for innovative research in the biomedical field. We always seek dedicated and talented individuals to join our team.
Scientists know that using a diversity of approaches is often the most efficient strategy for solving a problem. New and different perspectives engender the very innovation that Gladstone prizes. This is one of the many reasons why we value diversity at Gladstone—be that a diversity of race, culture, religion, mental or physical ability, heritage, age, gender, sexual orientation or other characteristics. Our employees hail from more than 30 countries around the globe and we seek to hire the best and brightest for our diverse team of scientists and administrators. Career opportunities are available in both our administrative offices and our research areas.
Gladstone offers eligible employees—and their dependents—a comprehensive range of benefits, including health insurance, retirement savings, and professional development.
- Health and Retirement
- A choice of medical plans, flexible spending account, and retirement account options that include employer contributions help you take care of your health and your future.
- Time Away from Work
- More than just vacation days, our paid and unpaid leave policies offer flexibility to help you confront different stages of life including maternity and paternity leave, as well as other types of family leave.
- Professional Development
- Gladstone encourages employees to seek the skills they need to remain at the forefront of their profession. By supporting professional development workshops and continuing education, Gladstone provides employees with the resources they need to evolve in their role and in their career.
- Gladstone Cares
- A specially selected suite of benefits to support you in and out of the workplace. Includes resources for dealing with the many stages of life to specific coverage for family planning, and back-up child or elder care coverage.
1650 Owens Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert