Formulation Associate Scientist
We are currently searching for a Formulation Associate Scientist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Gaithersburg, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate formulation and stability studies in collaboration with senior personnel.
- Execute studies for the evaluation and development of stable formulations for vaccine and biotherapeutic candidates in collaboration with development teams.
- Independently generate samples for analysis using standard laboratory techniques (buffer prep, dialysis, dilution, etc.)
- Independently analyze samples employing spectroscopic, calorimetric and other instrumentation.
- Develop assays for vaccine and biotherapeutic characterization in collaboration with senior personnel.
- Analyze, collate and interpret data independently and in collaboration with team members.
- Write and review technical reports and protocols documenting formulation, stability and method development studies.
- Present data in small group and department settings.
- Oversee external service and execute routine maintenance and troubleshooting for one or more pieces of laboratory instrumentation.
- Coordinate formulation and stability studies under guidance of lead Formulation Scientist, including internal and interdepartmental activities and oversight of data analysis.
- Collaborate with/design formulation and stability studies, incorporating elements of foundational theory with the lead Formulation Scientist.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to formulation team members.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for one or more analytical and/or theoretical areas relevant to formulation development at the VRC.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum two (2) years of industry, government or equivalent experience in protein formulation or a related field. OR M.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related discipline with a minimum of one (1) year of academic, industry, government or equivalent experience in protein formulation or a related field (Master’s degree experimental thesis may waive this requirement)
- Basic knowledge of protein and/or polymer chemistry; understanding of biophysical and bioanalytical properties of proteins a plus.
- Experience with protein/polymer spectroscopic, calorimetric or particle sizing analysis (UV-Vis, Fluorescence, Circular Dichroism spectroscopy) and protein biochemistry sample handling and analysis (UF/DF, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with data analysis software a plus (e.g., Excel, Prism, SigmaPlot, etc.).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Time management skills to enable work on multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and group communication skills
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of protein and/or polymer chemistry theory,
- Strong understanding of biophysical and bioanalytical properties of proteins and relevant analytical techniques desired
- Experience with biologic stability and/or forced degradation studies desired
- Hands-on laboratory experience with analysis and data interpretation using protein/polymer spectroscopic, calorimetric or particle sizing techniques (e.g., UV-Vis, Fluorescence, Circular Dichroism spectroscopy, DLS, HIAC, DSC, etc.) desired.
- Experience with Design of Experiment (DOE) software, design and execution, desired.
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.Company Description
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.