Associate Scientist/Scientist – Immunology
Job Description: Associate Scientist/Scientist – Immunology
Cygnal Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering the field of Exoneural Biology – the neural regulation of cancer, immunity, and regeneration. Cygnal is developing drugs to manipulate Exoneural Biology for the treatment of cancer, immunological diseases, and regenerative processes. Cygnal Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, in the VentureLabs innovation foundry, which has created over 50 groundbreaking companies that are developing novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability.
Cygnal is seeking an Associate Scientist/Scientist to help us advance the science of Exoneural Biology in immunology and to develop therapeutic hypotheses from target identification, pathway validation, therapeutic development and beyond. The candidate must be independent and goal oriented, and able to efficiently drive multiple projects in parallel. The position will require creativity, resourcefulness, and adaptability. The candidate will be responsible for the execution of projects, including novel assay development, in vitro proof-of concept, and aligning the scientific plan with corporate objectives. We are searching for enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Design experimental plans for pathway validation and target identification, as well as in vitro assay development, in collaboration with the scientific team
- Execute experiments, interpret and validate results, and communicate data to scientific team and executive management
- Supervise research associates, and actively collaborate with others to achieve company objectives
Skills & Abilities
- Immunologist with a focus on target discovery, prior experience in mucosal immunology and/or immune oncology desired.
- Strong experimental skills, especially assay development (in vitro & in vivo models), cell and molecular immunology. Expertise in multi-color flow cytometry immune cell phenotyping, tissue isolation techniques and assays required; expertise in myeloid cell biology highly preferred.
- Motivated and curious, experienced working with highly technical projects and personnel.
- Highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities and needs – comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Confident, execution focused, team oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
Education & Experience
- PhD or equivalent in immunology or related field.
- 0 - 2 years postdoctoral experience.
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting.
To learn more about this exciting career opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter .