Director, Head of Rochester Manufacturing Facility
About the role
Sana Biotechnology is growing, and we are hiring new team members who believe in the potential of engineered cells as medicines, who want to challenge status quo, and who lead with the desire to work on novel ideas. As a Director, Head of Rochester Manufacturing Facility, you will report to the VP, Head of Pharmaceutical Development to build a manufacturing team and manage the facility startup, qualification and validation activities and the daily manufacturing operations at the site. Cool stuff.
What you’ll do
- Recruit and build a manufacturing team
- Lead the facility startup, including facility startup, equipment purchase, qualification and validation activities
- Lead the manufacturing team to implement the manufacturing process into the facility. Organize the manufacturing activities to meet project timeline
- Manage the team and the facility to be inspection ready
- Engage in crucial conversations by providing and receiving feedback supporting the growth and development of team members
- Demonstrate ability to engage and effectively influence team members across multidisciplinary teams while prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Drive curiosity, scientific rigor and excellent problem-solving skills across a fast-paced performance driven environment
- Innate ability to assess talent that will help grow the organization and add to Sana’s culture
What we’re looking for
- BA or BS in life science degree with12+ years' experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry in a process development or manufacturing function
- Significant experience in cell therapy, cell culture, cell differentiation, purification.
- Familiar with the US, EMA, and ICH regulations and guidance documents
- Prior experience in building and managing a team.
- Demonstrate ability to engage team members across diverse teams
- Experience implementing Quality/Compliance systems
- Excellent collaboration skills
What will separate you from the crowd
- Cell and Gene Therapy product experience
- Successful facility startup and regulatory inspection experience
- Hands on experience in GMP facility
What you should know
- Working safely on a predictable and regular basis is an essential job function for this position and the Company requires that all individuals, subject to certain exceptions, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, financial wellness programs, a 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.