Lead Generation Representative
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
Title: Lead Generation Representative - AMER (Remote - East)
Pacific Biosciences™ is seeking a Lead Generation Representative with a strong customer focus to successfully communicate and position PacBio products to new customers in the AMER East territories. The ideal candidate will be able to identify and engage with potential customers, within several market areas, to uncover their research needs, assess fit with existing PacBio solutions, and communicate PacBio value propositions. Reporting to the Lead Generation Manager, and as a member of the larger sales support team, this role will focus on sales qualification of marketing qualified leads to reach and exceed the company revenue plan, penetrate a broader market, and displace competition.
- Identify & qualify high value MQLs leads that enter through the customer engagement processes by conducting introductory and consultative discussions, primarily via telephone and email
- Accurately document interactions & manage the CRM inbound lead pipeline, from first contact through qualification and successful transition of sales qualified leads to regional sales teams
- Execute & manage automated multi-touch cadences to maximize velocity of the sales funnel
- Work collaboratively with global and regional Territory Managers, Marketing, Inside Sales and Sales Application Specialists teams to nurture and qualify potential new customers
- Explain and present PacBio's core SMRT Sequencing technology to potential customers sourced from digital and regional marketing activities
- Articulate key applications and emphasize the unique selling points, finding mutually beneficial outcomes to all parties and addressing specific customer needs
- Support management in reporting on pipeline metrics and actively suggesting data-driven improvements for sales strategies, tactics, and/or sales process for achieving revenue goals
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- The position is a remote sales position, primarily working from home, with minimal travel requirements (<10%).
- Minimum of a BS degree or equivalent experience in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or related field
- 1 year of experience in sales, field applications, or pre-sales customer support
- Familiarity with the sales process and proven success in a strategic sales environment, including prospecting, lead qualification, and early opportunity development
- Experience with or understanding of DNA sequencing instruments and assays
- Comfortable with presenting effectively and professionally to customers and management
- Proven ability to proactively engage with customers, quickly establish rapport, ask thoughtful questions, and influence decisions
- Strong time management, organizational, and planning skills while working in a remote environment are essential
- Experience with Salesforce.com, or equivalent CRM
- Marketo, Pardot or Salesloft lead management and email automation experience a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.