Associate Director, Bio-Sample Operations Management
- Daiichi Sankyo
- Basking Ridge, NJ
- Start date
- Nov 25, 2021
- Manufacturing & Production, Operations
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Associate Director, Bio-Sample Operations Management will partner with cross-functional teams, in particular, the Clinical Biomarker and Companion Diagnostics Teams, to coordinate and oversee biomarker and PK sample management activities in clinical trials and to facilitate management of the bio-samples tracked via the GlobalCODE system and other tools/systems.
Chain of Custody
- Collaborate with the Clinical Biomarker Team, the clinical study teams and CROs to perform biomarker and real-time testing specimen tracking for the assigned studies
- Work closely with Clinical Biomarker Team, Companion Diagnostics Team and Clinical Operations, to provide timely updates and coordinate sample movements needed for analysis or long-term storage
- Support individual clinical study teams and biomarker sub-teams as needed to provide information on technical and operational sample-related matters.
- Manage the lifecycle of biomarker samples to ensure that samples are used and/or stored appropriately per the associated ICFs
- Manage sample inventories for samples transferred to long-term storage facilities
- Support ongoing inventory reviews and work with the appropriate stakeholders to obtain approvals for disposal/transfer of samples in long-term storage facilities
- Liaise with Data Management, Clinical Operations and Clinical Biomarker Team to resolve biomarker related data reconciliation, and sample related issues at sites or analysis labs
Facilitate GlobalCODE operation
- Communicate with various stakeholders to identify new studies to load in GlobalCODE, and provide guidance on the budget proposal workflow
- Facilitate and support data loading from various sources (including EDC, IRT, Veeva, Central Labs, Specialty Labs, etc.) into GlobalCODE
- Coordinate the transfer of study protocols, central lab manuals and ICF templates to GSS for loading and codification in GlobalCODE. Identify ICF templates that require translation and work with the clinical study teams to facilitate translation.
- Assist in the verification of data accuracy within GlobalCODE, including specimen identifiers and metadata, and ICF-associated permissions
- Monitor for protocol amendments and ICF revisions that may impact the information in GlobalCODE, and serve as a communication gateway to GSS on those changes
- Work closely with the GlobalCODE vendor (GSS; a Covance company) to ensure communication about timelines and deliverables is maintained
Bio-sample Operations Documents
- Review documents that pertain to bio-sample collection, handling, and storage including clinical study protocols, ICFs, and lab manuals
- Work with Clinical Biomarker Team Procurement to review contracts for vendors responsible for sample processing, PGx analysis and storage
- Work closely with the Clinical Biomarker Team and the clinical study teams to address informed consent and IRB/EC questions related to bio-samples
- As appropriate, assist in the development of global DS policies, guidance documents, SOPs, or SOIs to support bio-sample management activities
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Bachelor’s Degree in a Life Sciences field and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology drug development (Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience; or PhD/PharmD with 2 years’ experience)
A minimum of 2 years of bio-sample handling experience is preferred
Working knowledge of ICH/GCP and regulatory guidelines/directives strongly preferred.
Working knowledge of CLIA/CAP regulations and GLP guidelines strongly preferred.
Experience in bio-sample management at a pharmaceutical company or CRO is desirable.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology.
With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
For more information, please visit: www.daiichisankyo.com.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc., headquartered in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, is a member of the Daiichi Sankyo Group. To learn more about Daiichi Sankyo, Inc., please visit www.dsi.com.
STOCK EXCHANGE: Tokyo Stock Exchange
STOCK SYMBOL: 4568
- (908) 992-6400
211 Mt. Airy Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert