Scientist I/II, Cell/Molecular Biology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie is at the forefront of cancer research, discovering and developing the next generation of treatments to address unmet medical need for cancer patients. Our strong pipeline includes both small molecule and biologic therapeutic approaches with first in class agents that target multiple pathways central to the growth and survival of both solid and hematological malignancies.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Cell/Molecular Biologist with a proven track record of accomplishments to join our growing cancer research organization. This Scientist will be part of a team dedicated to discovering and developing cancer targets in the field of cell death. Applicants should have extensive laboratory research experience and a strong desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role. Excellent communication and teamwork within a multi-disciplinary environment are essential.
- Investigate, identify, develop, and optimize assays and co-culture cellular models for interrogation of oncology biology, and perform standard biochemical, cellular, and molecular techniques
- Generate reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner
- Interpret results and draw conclusions from own multistage experiments and suggest, design, and pursue relevant experiments that further project goals
- Understand relevant scientific literature and apply theoretical framework to solving problems
- Independently schedule and prioritize workload to manage several tasks simultaneously and identify / utilize resources outside of own group
- Efficiently organize and present scientific plans and data at project team meetings
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary research team in an exciting, fast-paced environment under the mentorship of a supervisor
Position will be hired based on experience:
- BS or MS in cell or molecular biology or related field with typically 5-7+ years of experience (BS) or typically 2-5+ years of experience (MS)
- Experience in Oncology is a plus
- Broad and versatile technical expertise in cell/molecular biology (flow cytometry, cell culture, gene editing, 3D or co-culture systems), biochemical assays (western blot, ELISA, alphaLISA, FRET, immunoprecipitation), other cell death related techniques, tissue processing for downstream assays.
- Experience independently driving new assay development
- Demonstrate the ability to independently design, execute and interpret critical experiments
- Proven track record of generating publication quality data and contributing to manuscript or patent preparation
- Highly developed communication skills and keen ability to engage internal and external team members in collaborative research
- Enthusiasm and passion for executing innovative scientific research
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.