Pilot Plant Tech IV - 3rd Shift
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Set-up, clean, and maintain equipment. Run process with supervision and consults appropriate personnel when confronted with a problem or when made aware of a situation. Observes quality characteristics of products and processes. Complete documentation per current good manufacturing practice guidelines and policies
- Learn and follow department policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Complete documentation and supporting data per cGMP policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment. Develop systematic work habits that show effective organizational skills. Be able to prepare for process requirements following supervisory instruction.
- Note quality issues and address with appropriate people.
- Review procedures and batch records, and make suggestions for improvements.
- During pre runs, post runs and when reviewing direction sets identify safety issues and help to correct them.
- Consistently give an accurate and complete material and equipment status report when handing off manufacturing process. Learn and be able to use inventory system.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in a scientific related field is desirable.
- Job requires basic technical or mechanical background and knowledge.
- Must have ability to: 1. Read, understand, and follow verbal and written operating instructions and the processes and flows described on equipment/computer monitors; 2. Write at a level sufficient enough to explain deviations or mistakes in process; 3. Add, subtract, divide, multiply, use decimals and fractions, recognize and measure proportions, and do basic algebraic math at an intermediate level of competency.
- Knowledge and use of various tools, machines, instruments, and safety devices utilized in chemical or pharmaceutical operations is desired.
- The candidate should display mechanical aptitude and be able to follow written and verbal directions.
- Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the immediate team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experiments to drive the science in the field of interest
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.