Research Associate/Lab Manager- Jain Lab (part-time)
The Jain Lab (https://ishajainlab.com/) at Gladstone and UCSF is looking for a part-time (~15-18h/wk) Research Associate to fill the role of lab manager. The Research Associate will be responsible for lab administrative responsibilities, such as maintaining and organizing lab inventory, ordering, coordinating with external/internal support (e.g., facilities department, technical support, equipment maintenance, etc.), maintaining an IACUC animal protocol, etc.
The scientific goal of the lab is to study oxygen and vitamin metabolism in order to develop hypoxia/hyperoxia as a therapy for metabolic disorders. This position will also require the incumbent to perform a combination of wet lab molecular biology/biochemistry experiments. The person in this position may also be expected to perform a range of basic experimental techniques (cloning, western blots, protein biochemistry, tissue culture, microscopy, etc.). Applicant should be able to perform basic quantitative tasks (e.g., dilutions, molarity calculations, manipulating excel files, database management, etc.).
- Undergraduate degree in biology/chemistry or Associate’s degree and 2+ years of related experience
- Extremely organized, able to work well with excel and new software
- Willingness to learn new methodologies
- Some flexibility with schedule (e.g., checking on animals on weekend, etc.)
- At least two years molecular biology experience (either post-college or during undergraduate training)
- Experience with general laboratory techniques, especially basic molecular and cellular biology techniques (including but not limited to mammalian cell culture, DNA and RNA isolation, PCR, immunohistochemistry, DNA assembly, bacterial transformation)
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.