VP, Clinical Development
The incumbent will be responsible for the quality and delivery of high quality clinical development across the portfolio. He/she will be responsible for overseeing the recruiting, staffing and development of the physicians, clinical scientists, phramacometricians and biomarker specialists in the group.
1. Oversight of Individuals
- Recruiting, staffing, training and development of the physicians, clinical scientists, phramacometricians and biomarker specialists in the group, in order to maintain a dynamic and cutting edge levels of medical scientific expertise and advanced drug development approaches
2. Ensuring delivery of high quality clinical development activities.
- High quality clinical development plans, protocols, and publications
- Ensure high quality clinical & scientific content is provided into Regulatory submissions and meetings
- Prepare for stage-gate evaluations and benefit –risk evaluations and assessments
- Responsible for effective presentation at STRC and deciding on implementation of recommendations from STRC
3. Internal interfaces and collaboration
- Oversight of and collaboration with partnering functions, e.g. research, CDO, QCSR, DRA,
- Effecting extensive and collaborative dialogue with TA co-leads to optimize project strategy
- Works with Head Clinical Operations to ensure appropriate resourcing to support TA activities (including clinical operations and statistics) and to ensure project planning and execution is aligned with TA Priorities
- Works with research to effect continuous planning within projects and strategic alignment
- Ensure effective Collaboration and interface with clinical safety in assessment of risk benefit of CSL assets
- Maintain effective oversight of Quality in conjunction with appropriate quality functions
- Enhances the reputation of the Company through a culture of scientific integration of the department with academia and other partners through visible publication record, KOL Interactions, presence at scientific conferences, membership of consortia and similar medico-scientific groups, builds networks with scientific experts
- Ensures that the patient and physician voice is at the forefront in TA strategy development
5. Building a culture of risk taking, innovation and peer review across the clinical function.
6. Provide scientific and medical leadership throughout CSL
7. Providing support and insight into business development opportunities
- Experience across all phases of development, FIH, POC, late stage development and life cycle management
- Strong track record of oversight of successful drug development programs
- Experience across a wide range of regulatory interactions e.g. filings, Ad coms etc
- 10yrs+ of pharma experience in clinical development
- Extensive experience of leading teams and/or line managing a group(s).
- Strong personal leadership skills
- High level of self-awareness and the awareness of personal impact.
- Enhanced organizational awareness and the ability to interact and influence from the team level to senior management
- Succinct and clear communication style
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!