Production Associate I - Human Tissue Processing
Job Req code: 971
Organogenesis corporate headquarters is located in Canton, Massachusetts, including manufacturing, R&D, customer service, reimbursement and other corporate teams supporting our full range of products. We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing.
The Human Tissue Processing (HTP) Production Associate I is an entry level position, responsible for performing the production activities associated with HTP products, produced at our new facility in Norwood, with supervision. The associate will adhere to the appropriate SOPs, MBRs, and cGMP procedures in the general lab area as well as the Class 10,000 clean room. The HTP Production Associate I will report to the Associate Manager, Human Tissue Manufacturing.
- Perform all tasks, e.g. layer separation, cleaning, spreading, cutting, milling, and packaging, for all HTP products with supervision in compliance with Quality Systems regulations and according to established procedure.
- Prepare all media for use within these Production processes with supervision.
- Review batch records for completeness and accuracy as well as compliance with all protocols.
- Maintain all equipment records.
- Perform all tasks adhering to company safety policies, including but not limited to bloodborne pathogen handling.
- Maintain supply inventory as directed by the production schedule.
- Responsible for the writing of deviation and corrective/preventive action reports, as necessary.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Certificate in Biotechnology preferred but not required
- 1-3 years of relevant experience preferred
- Aseptic technique and clean room protocol experience a plus
- Ability to operate general lab equipment and familiarity with general lab techniques (e.g. balances, pipettes, stir bases, and heat sealers).
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment for extended periods of time.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods
- Communicating with others to to exchange information
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional work in a cold room (4 degrees C).