Material Handler I (pay starts at $20/hour, commensurate with experience)
Job Req code: 888
Category: Distribution and Warehouse
Organogenesis corporate headquarters is located in Canton, Massachusetts, including manufacturing, R&D, customer service, reimbursement and other corporate teams supporting our full range of products. We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing.
The Material Handler I position performs the following, but not limited to receiving, warehousing, labeling incoming materials, product returns, and data entry processes for the facility. The Material Handler ensures that the daily responsibilities get completed efficiently.
- Receives and labels incoming material.
Delivers materials to internal customers.
Generate labels for finished product.
Product labeling and packaging
Assist in the daily scheduling of activities.
Prepare and package outbound shipments.
Print and prepare documentation.
Complete cycle counts and inventory checks in a timely and accurate manner.
Verify product descriptions, status, and quantities.
Maintain a clean organized workplace.
Provide support to co-workers and other departments as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Flexibility for occasional holiday work is required (estimated to be 3-4 holidays/per year, subject to holiday pay and eligible for OT)
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
0-1 Years of material handling experience
- Frequently is required to stand and talk or hear; and walk or sit.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly lift and/or move tools, materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently or an amount greater than negligible and up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of these for Light Work.
- Frequently around loud noises.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts, working with forklifts and manual pallets.
- Frequently exposed to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.