Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Arvinas has an outstanding Corporate Controller opportunity to lead the company during a significant transformational time in it’s history. The person will be accountable for leading a growing team of Financial Reporting, Treasury, Accounting Operations and Purchasing professionals to build on a strong foundation to ensure company compliance with SEC, SOX, and other reporting requirements. The Controller will oversee the management control system and be able to ensure the business results, including the collection, assessment and analysis of results, are accurately and timely reported, and provide interpretation in support of decision-making. This is an exciting time for our company and the Department as we are streamlining the company’s financial operations through the selection, planning and implementation of financial business systems that integrate budgeting, planning, consolidation, project accounting reporting, and analytics into a single application that can be used by financial reporting, Treasury, Accounting Operations and Purchasing.
The role has accountability for transforming processes and making use of technology and people to maximize their efficiency. She/he will streamline and automate key close tasks like consolidation and reporting with cloud-based applications.
This position reports to our Chief Financial Officer and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT. Hybrid work arangements are an option.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures all revenue accounting procedures and activities are followed in accordance, and in compliance, with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Responsible to lead, mentor and manage the Corporate Accounting Team in managing the day-to-day accounting, financial and administrative activities
- Manage the reporting process, including SEC quarterly and annual reporting requirements, and support registration and other filings, as necessary
- Manage the monthly close process, and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and internal management reports in liaison with FP&A group
- Oversees and supports daily accounting activities including, but not limited to: general ledger, procurement, accounts payable/receivable, cash management, fixed assets and financial reporting and filings, etc.
- Directs accounting activities to timely and accurately record transactions in the general ledger
- Identifies and addresses technical accounting issues requiring high accounting acumen, arising from business transactions
- Acts as the primary liaison between the company and the third-party auditors and tax consultants.
- Collaborates closely with external auditors to guide the audit process
- Provides financial insight and support in all areas of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting, cash flow, and merger/acquisition opportunities
- Collaborates closely with cross functional teams to ensure financial policies/processes and process improvements/optimization are understood and supported across company to ensure scalability of our operations to support future growth
- Prior experience with the big four international accounting firms preferred
- Experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry preferred
- Minimum 8 years related experience in roles of increasing technical and strategic responsibility
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams, on and off shore on a global scale
- An analytical mindset and self-starter, able to see opportunities and solve problems independently
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Able to set long-term financial targets and sponsor performance improvement projects
- Experience in transition accounting platform to ERP enterprise system preferred
- Excellent, hands -on knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting/filing etc.)
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of GAAP rules and regulations
- Experience working directly with external auditors and/or tax consultants
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems required
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline.
- CPA required.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer