Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Influence - Help optimize our NGS pipeline by developing a more LEAN process.
- Deliver - Execute on requested experiments that generate data to help us understand molecules.
- Achieve - Work with internal and external partners to deliver high-quality in vitro results with speed and focus to enable decision making on a rapidly growing portfolio of pre-clinical programs.
- Collaborate - Work in a cross-functional matrix organization with fellow biologists, chemists, data scientists, and data engineers with a passion for drug discovery.
The Team You’ll Join
As a member of the In Vitro Pharmacology team at Recursion, you’ll play a critical role in identifying drug candidates by executing hundreds of Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) screens per year. On a daily basis, you will draw upon basic molecular biology techniques and interact with computer-controlled automated laboratory instrumentation to conduct experiments in 384-well microplates. You can expect to work on multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced and exciting environment. On normal workdays, this will include performing maintenance on equipment, checking for experiment contamination, performing QC validations, inputting production orders, monitoring experiments, and preparing reagents.
The Experience You’ll Need
- B.S. in the Life Sciences
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Experience operating high performance liquid handling equipment
- Able to work as part of a team to produce repeatable quality results
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify problems that may adversely affect test performance and/or reporting of test results
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Employee at Recursion:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.