Staff Scientist (Immuno-Oncology/ Immune Trafficking)
The Immuno-oncology group is seeking a highly motivated and innovative Staff Scientist with a background in immune cell trafficking and chemokine biology. The scientist will develop strategies directed at homing and motility of immune cells into the tumor microenvironment to enhance the benefit of immune-engaging therapies.
As a Staff Scientist in Oncology, a typical day may include the following:
- Explore and develop therapeutic approaches to target chemokines/chemokine receptors and/or integrins to enhance lymphocyte migration into tumors.
- Design and perform in vitro/ex-vivo functional assays for target validation, as well as in vivo efficacy and mechanism of action studies in mice.
- Collaborate closely with team members on novel targeted immunotherapeutic approaches.
- Collaborate closely with group members and cross-functional project teams across the organization to optimize and test development of targeted immunotherapies.
- Regularly present project updates and concepts at team meetings and to senior management.
- Be an active contributor towards research publications.
- Help build a team and provide mentorship to junior research scientists.
This role may be for you if:
- You have the ability to work independently and think creatively.
- You possess outstanding organizational as well as oral and written communication skills
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team
To be considered for this role, you must have a Ph.D. in Immunology/Cancer Biology or related field and 6+ years post-doctoral experience in a relevant industry/academic setting. Experience in immune cell trafficking or chemokine biology is desired. Knowledge of oncology/immune-oncology/immunology is required. Ability to design and perform in vitro bioassays and in vivo efficacy studies in mice. Ability to perform multi-color flow cytometry analysis, immunohistochemistry, primary cell culture techniques. Demonstrated track record of high impact publications.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.