Associate Director/Marketing Manager, GMCO Gastro (Skyrizi), EE Engagement
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Associate Director/Manager, Global Marketing
As a member of the Global Gastroenterology Marketing team, this position is responsible for designing, developing and implementing commercial initiatives and tactics aligned with the global brand strategic imperatives. This position will engage and collaborate with a cross-functional team including market access, medical affairs, regulatory, legal, health economics, public affairs, medical and regulatory review, patient relations, business insights, OEC, and global learning. Close partnership with Area and affiliate teams is also required to ensure global launch readiness and successful post-launch execution.
This role must demonstrate the ability to influence and lead cross-functionally to successfully drive the business. The candidate must be able to operate in a fast-paced launch environment with high expectations and a customer focus that drives the need for quality deliverables and performance.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Generating marketing insights that inform strategic and tactical plans
- External expert engagement and relationship management.
- Creating or identifying commercial opportunities that advance efforts towards the brand objectives and goals
- Developing marketing tools/resources, especially peer to peer education programs to optimize impact and advancing them efficiently through the formal approval process
- Support affiliates through innovative and impactful strategies & tactics and full pull through of implementation.
- Managing budgets and maximizing resources
- Contribute to AbbVie’s leadership position in Gastroenterology
- Project management & working with vendors and other agencies to ensure key milestones and deliverables per plan.
- Competency of the current medical and regulatory approval process
- Proven track record of effectively working in cross-functional teams and matrix environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Able and willing to travel internationally
- 5-10 years of pharmaceutical marketing experience
- 3-5 years of pharmaceutical marketing experience
Preferred Experience (in addition to Basic):
- MBA or advanced degree
- Global and Affiliate/Country experience
- Sales, Market Access, or other relevant experience that complements Marketing role
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Learning agility: ability to learn complex information, to simplify them, and to generate insights.
- Flexible thinking: able to see others’ perspectives, challenge ideas, and help foster idea exchange.
- Continuous improvement: never satisfied with past success and always ready to find ways to redefine “excellence.”
- Empowers change: fosters an environment where the audacity to challenge is encouraged, so long as it is productive and respectful.
- Builds trust: works ethically with uncompromising principles; and as a result, authentically earns the trust of those around them.
- Spirit of collaboration: employs diversity of ideas and insights to develop optimal approaches to problem-solving.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.