Scientist, Translational Science & Biomarkers
Summary:We have an exciting opportunity for a highly collaborative Scientist to join our Biomarker, Translational Science team. Strong candidates will be self-motivated and embrace the chance to wear many hats in a dynamic startup environment. You will contribute to pre-clinical and clinical programs by developing and validating biomarkers for clinical trials. Job title will be commensurate with experience. This newly created position will be a key contributor to developing clinical biomarkers through preclinical mechanism of action studies.
Responsibilities:This position is expected to work independently to design, conduct and analyze experiments and will be involved in defining the immunologic activity and mechanisms of action of cancer immune-therapeutics and will collaborate extensively with Bolt staff. In this role, you will keep excellent records of protocols, methods and experimental data and communicate key results in meetings and to collaborating staff. This position will require ~50% of time to perform laboratory research. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Developing novel in vivo and ex vivo methods to evaluate mechanism of action (MoA) of therapeutics being developed by Bolt
• Using pre-clinical models to identify clinical biomarkers supporting MoA of the therapeutics
• Performing biochemical, molecular, cell based, in-vivo, ex-vivo and/or immunological assays to support clinical and pre-clinical projects using mouse and human samples
• Analysis and presentation of biomarker data from pre-clinical experiments
• Contributing to scientific ideas and evaluating key hypotheses that advance company technologies and clinical development.
• Ph.D. in immunology, cell biology, or cancer biology; with minimum 2 years of relevant industry experience
• Prior experience working in cancer immunotherapy field
• Experience working with and knowledge of various xenograft and syngeneic mouse cancer models
• Experience with multi-color flow cytometry and processing of mouse tissues for profiling tumor- infiltrating immune cells
• Expertise in immune cell activity assays including ADCP, MLRs and ELISPOT, purification of PBMCs, and derivation of macrophages and dendritic cells
• Basic molecular and cellular techniques such as immunoassays (ELISAs), cell culture, RNA isolation, processing and analysis
• Expertise analyzing genomic expression datasets (R, Python, etc.) would be a plus
• Experience with IHC a plus.
• Ability to manage activities related to assigned projects with minimal supervision
• Ability to analyze and interpret scientific data independently
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent communication, technical writing, organizational and collaboration skills
Who We Are:
Bolt Biotherapeutics, based in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing Boltbody™ Immune-stimulating Antibody Conjugates (ISACs), a new class of immuno-oncology therapeutics that have eliminated tumors following systemic administration in preclinical studies while also developing immunological memory, which may lead to more durable clinical responses for patients. This is a unique opportunity to join and build, with like-minded colleagues, a company that will transform the lives of individuals with cancers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.