Contact Center Workforce Manager
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Workforce Manager is responsible for the development of the AEI workforce specialists to ensure that Contact Center objectives such as service level, shrinkage goals, scheduling and forecasting are met. The Workforce Manager would be tasked with managing the day-to-day activities of the WFM team. Analyzes the needs of functional department and establishes detail level objectives, goals and priorities for implementing IS solutions to support functional initiatives and provide ongoing support of the WFM system. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays in schedules. Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, outside customers and functional peer groups at management levels.
- Oversee and ensure usage and maintenance of call models for assigned environments and deliver the highest level of call forecast accuracy.
- Create and maintain long and short-term forecast and staffing models for our CC operations
- Oversee and ensure usage and maintenance of FTE capacity models for assigned environment which deliver the highest level of service level, line adherence and occupancy.
- The ability to apply superior judgement, strategic and innovative thinking in decision making.
- Lead the workforce planning process for assigned clients and coordinate with stakeholders (Finance, Operations, Training, etc.) to develop and delivering the best customer experience and highest employee satisfaction at the best cost.
- Conduct analysis of assigned clients to identify opportunities to improve service level, cost, and employee satisfaction. Develop recommendations and articulate strategies and anticipated effectively to stakeholders.
- Proactively identify hurdles to achieve goals. Develop action plans to mitigate impact and escalates as needed.
- Manage staff in the various workforce management activities of forecasting, scheduling, and real-time.
- The ability to provide leadership and motivate team members.
- Responsible for developing and managing an integrated mid- to long-term resource plan to ensure proactive planning and optimal utilization of resources including call center agents and support personnel, voice and data networks, and other facility related needs (e.g., training infrastructure) based on forecasted workload, and service level and financial/utilization objectives.
- Responsible for the management of people, processes as it relates to workforce management.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of succession and knowledge transition plans for team.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules, etc. Provides general supervision to lower-level supervisors and direct supervision to exempt employees and/or technically skilled nonexempt employees (i.e., computer operators).
- Implements a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes, and coordinating the selection process with Human Resources. Develops direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews.
- Monitors daily work operations and provides direction and guidance to lower-level supervisors, experienced exempt employees, or skilled nonexempt staff to achieve unit or project goals.
- Interacts with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures.
- Interprets and executes policies that affect work processes and personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
- Contributes to the development of operational policies and procedures that affect personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the development and monitoring of area budget through regular analysis of cost and spending.
- Implements strategies for introducing and implementing new technologies, systems, and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 6 years’ experience; PhD with 2 years’ experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ Workforce Management experience in medium to large multi-site call center environment.
- Monitors progress of exempt individuals, teams, supervisors, or nonexempt technical individuals toward departmental goals.
- Monitors costs of projects and of human and material resources within a department or unit.
- Monitors external environment in area of technical or professional responsibility.
- Develops and/or identifies new work processes and the improved utilization of human and material resources within the assigned area or related departments.
- Facilitates others involvement in the continuous improvement program; investigates and solves problems that impact work processes and personnel within the assigned unit.
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough knowledge of WFM and Call Center operations
- Experience with negotiation skills and consensus building.
- Able to work comfortably and communicate with all levels of management and leadership.
- Able to demonstrate and apply a thorough knowledge of call center workforce management and network routing technologies (i.e. ACDs, Five9 etc.)
- Demonstrate and apply superior analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Able to achieve quality work under deadline pressure.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.